Who have Chest tightness with Capoten - from FDA reports
Chest tightness is found among people who take Capoten, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Headache. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,789 people who have side effects when taking Capoten from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,789 people reported to have side effects when taking Capoten.
Among them, 190 people (6.81%) have Chest tightness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Capoten when people have Chest tightness *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Chest tightness when taking Capoten *:
- female: 54.5 %
- male: 45.5 %
Age of people who have Chest tightness when taking Capoten *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.64 %
- 30-39: 7.64 %
- 40-49: 14.65 %
- 50-59: 21.66 %
- 60+: 48.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Headache (pain in head): 15 people, 7.89%
- Stress And Anxiety: 13 people, 6.84%
- Sleep Disorder: 12 people, 6.32%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 12 people, 6.32%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 9 people, 4.74%
- Pain: 8 people, 4.21%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 2.11%
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 4 people, 2.11%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 4 people, 2.11%
- Preventive Health Care: 4 people, 2.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 54 people, 28.42%
- Digoxin: 31 people, 16.32%
- Glucophage: 29 people, 15.26%
- Neurontin: 28 people, 14.74%
- Norvasc: 27 people, 14.21%
- Xanax: 26 people, 13.68%
- Furosemide: 26 people, 13.68%
- Aspirin: 25 people, 13.16%
- Lopressor: 24 people, 12.63%
- Lipitor: 22 people, 11.58%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 49 people, 25.79%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 40 people, 21.05%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 40 people, 21.05%
- Breathing Difficulty: 38 people, 20.00%
- Heart Attack: 32 people, 16.84%
- Dizziness: 32 people, 16.84%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 31 people, 16.32%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 30 people, 15.79%
- Back Pain: 29 people, 15.26%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 26 people, 13.68%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Chest tightness while taking Capoten?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Chest tightness
- Subscribe to monitor Chest tightness in Capoten
You are not alone:
Capoten has active ingredients of captopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Capoten 2,818 users)
Chest tightness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, asthma, pain (latest reports from 239,667 Chest tightness patients).
Drugs that are associated with Chest tightnessChest tightness (3,905 drugs)
Could your condition cause Chest tightnessChest tightness (3,531 conditions)
Capoten side effects
- Capoten side effects (2,790 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Capotena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Mitochondrial Toxicity with Lamivudine? - now
- What to expect when you take Naproxen Sodium and Diethylstilbestrol - now
- Iopamidol-200 In Plastic Container and Oat Beta Glucan drug interaction - now
- Will you have Drug Intolerance with Herceptin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Prostate Cancer with Arthrotec? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Cancer - Prostate with Arthrotec? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomach Pain with Choline Bitartrate? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stomachache with Choline Bitartrate? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Abdomen with Choline Bitartrate? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Belly Ache with Choline Bitartrate? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Trintellix - 45 minutes ago
- A study for a 36 year old man who takes Ketamine Hcl, Prednisone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Triamcinolone, Levofloxacin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Fosamax - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old woman who takes Aricept, Memantine, Sinemet, Neupro - 3 hours ago
- Prediction of Aricept for a 80 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Vitamin D3, Berberis Vulgaris, Glipizide, Coreg, Uloric, Caterpillar Mushroom, Amlodipine, Bumetanide, Turmeric - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Naproxen - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 77 year old man who takes Metoprolol Succinate, Tikosyn - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Tylenol, Tramadol - 11 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.