Captopril and Spinal claudication - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Spinal claudication is reported only by a few people who take Captopril.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Captopril and have Spinal claudication. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,585 people who have side effects while taking Captopril from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,585 people reported to have side effects when taking Captopril.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Spinal claudication.
What is Captopril?
Captopril has active ingredients of captopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 16,732 Captopril users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Spinal claudication?
Spinal claudication (leg pain with walking due to discomfort in spine) is found to be associated with 301 drugs and 80 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Captopril and Spinal claudication reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Spinal claudication when taking Captopril *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Spinal claudication when taking Captopril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Captopril *:
- Furosemide: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zolpidem Tartrate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Metoclopramide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Etomidate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Heparin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Isoflurane: 1 person, 50.00%
- Levofloxacin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lidocaine: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Spinal claudication *:
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Urination - Excessive At Night: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 50.00%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 50.00%
- Femur Fracture: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fall: 1 person, 50.00%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Captopril and have Spinal claudication?Check whether Spinal claudication is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Spinal claudication and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of captopril:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Captopril:
- Captopril (16,732 reports)
Common Captopril side effects:
- High blood pressure: 1,290 reports
- Weakness: 936 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 894 reports
- Drug ineffective: 839 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 831 reports
- Pain: 810 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 772 reports
Browse all side effects of Captopril:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Spinal claudication treatments and more:
- Spinal claudication (326 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Spinal claudication:
- Spinal claudication in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Spinal claudication in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Spinal claudication in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Spinal claudication:
- Spinal claudication (301 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Spinal claudication:
- Spinal claudication (80 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on captopril (the active ingredients of Captopril) and Captopril (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clozapine and Adverse Drug Reaction - 2 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Loss Of Consciousness - 2 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Epilepsy - 6 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Sore Throat - 6 seconds ago
- Clozapine and Weight Increased - 8 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and White Blood Cell Count Decreased - 8 seconds ago
- Tequin and Ill-Defined Disorder - 10 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Confusional State - 12 seconds ago
- Clotrimazole And Betamethasone Dipropionate and Calcium drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Olanzapine and Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control - 16 seconds ago