Carbidopa and levodopa and Sudden onset of sleep - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 5,411 people who have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa. Sudden onset of sleep is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Comtan and have Depression.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Sudden onset of sleep. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,411 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbidopa and levodopa.
Among them, 43 people (0.79%) have Sudden onset of sleep.
What is Carbidopa and levodopa?
Carbidopa and levodopa has active ingredients of carbidopa; levodopa. It is used in parkinson's disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,887 Carbidopa and levodopa users.
What is Sudden onset of sleep?
Sudden onset of sleep is found to be associated with 605 drugs and 319 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,730 people who have Sudden onset of sleep.
Number of Carbidopa and levodopa and Sudden onset of sleep reports submitted per year:
Time on Carbidopa and levodopa when people have Sudden onset of sleep *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sudden onset of sleep when taking Carbidopa and levodopa *:
- female: 48.84 %
- male: 51.16 %
Age of people who have Sudden onset of sleep when taking Carbidopa and levodopa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 18.52 %
- 60+: 81.48 %
Common drugs people take besides Carbidopa and levodopa *:
- Comtan: 17 people, 39.53%
- Requip: 14 people, 32.56%
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride: 11 people, 25.58%
- Artane: 10 people, 23.26%
- Mirapex: 6 people, 13.95%
- Sinemet: 6 people, 13.95%
- Permax: 6 people, 13.95%
- Symmetrel: 5 people, 11.63%
- Zoloft: 4 people, 9.30%
- Celexa: 4 people, 9.30%
Common side effects people have besides Sudden onset of sleep *:
- Road Traffic Accident: 17 people, 39.53%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 5 people, 11.63%
- Overdose: 4 people, 9.30%
- Libido Increased (increased sexual urge to have sex): 4 people, 9.30%
- Suicidal Ideation: 4 people, 9.30%
- Pathological Gambling: 4 people, 9.30%
- Depression: 4 people, 9.30%
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;): 3 people, 6.98%
- Memory Loss: 3 people, 6.98%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 3 people, 6.98%
Common conditions people have *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 9.30%
- Depression: 4 people, 9.30%
- Fungal Nail Infection: 3 people, 6.98%
- Drug Effect Decreased: 3 people, 6.98%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 4.65%
- Enlarged Prostate: 2 people, 4.65%
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 1 person, 2.33%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 2.33%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 1 person, 2.33%
- Lipids Abnormal: 1 person, 2.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Carbidopa and levodopa and have Sudden onset of sleep?Check whether Sudden onset of sleep is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Carbidopa and levodopa side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Carbidopa and levodopa side effects (5,887 reports)
Sudden onset of sleep treatments and more:
- Sudden onset of sleep (1,730 reports)
Common drugs associated with Sudden onset of sleep:
All the drugs that are associated with Sudden onset of sleep:
- Sudden onset of sleep (605 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sudden onset of sleep:
All the conditions that are associated with Sudden onset of sleep:
- Sudden onset of sleep (319 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carbidopa; levodopa (the active ingredients of Carbidopa and levodopa) and Carbidopa and levodopa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prednisone and Restoril drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Actemra and Vitiligo - 48 seconds ago
- Rosuvastatin Calcium and Tendonitis - 50 seconds ago
- Tacrolimus and Raoultella Ornithinolytica Infection - a minute ago
- Lamictal and Pneumonia - a minute ago
- Vitamin B and Throat Tightness - 2 minutes ago
- Hydrocortone and Clopidogrel Bisulfate drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Cefazolin and Pulmonary Embolism - 2 minutes ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Pramipexole Dihydrochloride drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Adalat and Stress And Anxiety - 2 minutes ago