Carbocaine and Bipolar disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bipolar disorder is reported only by a few people who take Carbocaine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Carbocaine and have Bipolar disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 538 people who have side effects while taking Carbocaine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
538 people reported to have side effects when taking Carbocaine.
Among them, 3 people (0.56%) have Bipolar disorder.
What is Carbocaine?
Carbocaine has active ingredients of mepivacaine hydrochloride. eHealthMe is studying from 546 Carbocaine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bipolar disorder?
Bipolar disorder (mood disorder) is found to be associated with 1,843 drugs and 1,189 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Carbocaine and Bipolar disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Carbocaine when people have Bipolar disorder *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bipolar disorder when taking Carbocaine *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Bipolar disorder when taking Carbocaine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Carbocaine *:
- Belsomra: 3 people, 100.00%
- Zolpidem Tartrate: 2 people, 66.67%
- Levetiracetam: 2 people, 66.67%
- Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate: 2 people, 66.67%
- Depakene: 2 people, 66.67%
Common side effects people have besides Bipolar disorder *:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation: 3 people, 100.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 100.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 3 people, 100.00%
- Eyelid Twitch (spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles): 3 people, 100.00%
- Dizziness Postural: 3 people, 100.00%
- Dental Caries: 3 people, 100.00%
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye): 3 people, 100.00%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 100.00%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 3 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 100.00%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 2 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Carbocaine and have Bipolar disorder?Check whether Bipolar disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ayano G, "Bipolar Disorders and Valproate: Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Therapeutic Effects and Indications of Valproate: Review of Articles", Bipolar Disord, 2017 Jan .
How severe was Bipolar disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of mepivacaine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Carbocaine:
- Carbocaine (546 reports)
Bipolar disorder treatments and more:
- Bipolar disorder (100,976 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bipolar disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bipolar disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bipolar disorder:
- Seroquel: 1,775 reports
- Chantix: 788 reports
- Depakote: 691 reports
- Abilify: 644 reports
- Lamictal: 596 reports
- Xyrem: 526 reports
- Xanax: 514 reports
- Zoloft: 514 reports
- Zyprexa: 512 reports
- Effexor: 510 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar disorder (1,843 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bipolar disorder:
- Depression: 1,393 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 944 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 712 reports
- Quit smoking: 646 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar disorder (1,189 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mepivacaine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Carbocaine) and Carbocaine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole and Ozurdex drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Muscle Spasms and Myelitis Transverse - 16 seconds ago
- Joint Injury and Thrombocytopenia - 18 seconds ago
- Lamotrigine and Latent Tuberculosis - 21 seconds ago
- Fluphenazine and Heart Attack - 24 seconds ago
- Joint Injury and Lower Respiratory Tract Infection - 26 seconds ago
- Zinc Sulfate and Simponi drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Trileptal and Crohn'S Disease - 38 seconds ago
- Serzone and Spinal Disorder - 45 seconds ago
- Pulmicort Flexhaler and Infection - 52 seconds ago