Carboplatin and Deafness - from FDA reports
Deafness is found among people who take Carboplatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Etoposide, and have Metastases to bone. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 47,088 people who have side effects when taking Carboplatin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our independent and original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications.
47,088 people reported to have side effects when taking Carboplatin.
Among them, 143 people (0.3%) have Deafness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Carboplatin when people have Deafness *:
- < 1 month: 60.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Carboplatin *:
- female: 61.34 %
- male: 38.66 %
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Carboplatin *:
- 0-1: 1.14 %
- 2-9: 12.5 %
- 10-19: 9.09 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.41 %
- 40-49: 20.45 %
- 50-59: 26.14 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 19 people, 13.29%
- Brain Neoplasm Malignant (brain cancer tumour): 7 people, 4.90%
- Breast Cancer: 7 people, 4.90%
- Medulloblastoma (a fast-growing, high-grade tumour that always begins in the cerebellum): 6 people, 4.20%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 5 people, 3.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Etoposide: 41 people, 28.67%
- Zometa: 34 people, 23.78%
- Cisplatin: 32 people, 22.38%
- Zofran: 27 people, 18.88%
- Cyclophosphamide: 26 people, 18.18%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 46 people, 32.17%
- Fever: 38 people, 26.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 37 people, 25.87%
- Back Pain: 35 people, 24.48%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 33 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Are you new to Carboplatin or have questions?
- There are people who "have been there". Follow a Care Guide of Carboplatin to ask questions and learn from experience.
Volunteer or get paid to help people with your care experience
Carboplatin has active ingredients of carboplatin. It is often used in cancer. (latest outcomes from Carboplatin 47,324 users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,838 Deafness patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeafnessDeafness (1,055 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeafnessDeafness (1,773 conditions)
Carboplatin side effects
- Carboplatin side effects (47,152 reports)
Browse all side effects of Carboplatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Zakaria S, Lu KY, Nussenblatt V, Browner I, "Atrial flutter associated with carboplatin administration", Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2011 Nov .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Carboplatin and have Deafness
- Support group for people who have Deafness
- Support group for people who take Carboplatin
You may be interested in these posts
- My name is Bobbi...I'm 60 years old and I have experienced rapid hearing loss in my right ear, Testing determined that I have less than 10% hearing in that ear. My left ear has normal hearing, I also have severe tinitis in my right ear. I have been taking Mercaptopurine for 14-15 years to...
- Good morning. I believe my hearing loss was from taking suboxone as a pain med...using it sublingually. The pain specialist won't discuss it. Anyone else taking it for pain?
- Today is my third visit to the third ENT. I've been bleeding in the left ear canal and have what he calls an abnormality deep inside my left ear. A double ear infection started first for 6 weeks after starting Effexor and then my journey to ENTs
- I have been on carboplatin since Jan. 2018 and have to stop it now because it's causing dangerous levels of platelets
- I had sudden hearing loss this past May 2018. I went to the hospital for steroid treatments that didn't do anything. I am in Canada and want to know if there are any class action suits in Canada.
- Effexor and Metaxalone drug interaction
- Will you have Stomachache with Prochlorperazine?
- Will you have Lung Nodule with Metoprolol Succinate?
- Will you have Duodenal Ulcer with Adriamycin Rdf?
- Will you have Copd with Depression?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Effexor and Metaxalone
- Support group for people who take Prochlorperazine and have Stomachache?
- Support group for people who take Metoprolol Succinate and have Lung Nodule?
- Support group for people who take Adriamycin Rdf and have Duodenal Ulcer?
- Support group for people who have Depression and Copd?
Recent Care Guides
- Tender care (Free)
- Nana fran (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Feynman (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Anita d (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Pearl (monthly rate: $10.00)
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.