Carboplatin and Deafness - from FDA reports
Deafness is found among people who take Carboplatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Etoposide, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Deafness with Carboplatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 47,088 people who have side effects when taking Carboplatin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
47,088 people reported to have side effects when taking Carboplatin.
Among them, 143 people (0.3%) have Deafness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Carboplatin when people have Deafness *:
- < 1 month: 60.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Carboplatin *:
- female: 61.34 %
- male: 38.66 %
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Carboplatin *:
- 0-1: 1.14 %
- 2-9: 12.5 %
- 10-19: 9.09 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.41 %
- 40-49: 20.45 %
- 50-59: 26.14 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 19 people, 13.29%
- Brain Neoplasm Malignant (brain cancer tumour): 7 people, 4.90%
- Breast Cancer: 7 people, 4.90%
- Medulloblastoma (a fast-growing, high-grade tumour that always begins in the cerebellum): 6 people, 4.20%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 5 people, 3.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Etoposide: 41 people, 28.67%
- Zometa: 34 people, 23.78%
- Cisplatin: 32 people, 22.38%
- Zofran: 27 people, 18.88%
- Cyclophosphamide: 26 people, 18.18%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 46 people, 32.17%
- Fever: 38 people, 26.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 37 people, 25.87%
- Back Pain: 35 people, 24.48%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 33 people, 23.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Carboplatin and have Deafness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Deafness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Carboplatin has active ingredients of carboplatin. It is often used in cancer. (latest outcomes from Carboplatin 47,324 users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,838 Deafness patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeafnessDeafness (1,765 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeafnessDeafness (1,769 conditions)
Carboplatin side effects
- Carboplatin side effects (47,152 reports)
Browse all side effects of Carboplatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Zakaria S, Lu KY, Nussenblatt V, Browner I, "Atrial flutter associated with carboplatin administration", Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2011 Nov .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Carboplatin and have Deafness
- Support group for people who have Deafness
- Support group for people who take Carboplatin
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi my name is amy and i have loss of hearing due to wellbutrin
- Hello Friends, My name is Madeline, and in the last few months, I feel like I have been losing my hearing. (I am a 74 year-old female who has had good hearing all of my life.) I take a beta blocker (Carvedilol) for atrial fibrillation and blood pressure control. I also take Amlodipine...
- I never took the full prescribed amount, only 1 pill a day and for less than a month. After several days on contrave I noticed ringing in my ear, that along with other side affects, like my blood pressure shooting through the roof and general feelings of anxiety and low energy and I tapered...
- Sudden hearing loss 8 weeks ago. Recently found link to Wellbutrin XL
- I started losing my hearing after the first treatment of Keytruda it got worse after second I have told my Dr so I don't thinl I will be going back on this stuff again is there stories out there that can share their stories
- Will you have Eye Inflammation with Aspirin?
- Will you have Partial Lung Collapse with Beconase?
- Carboplatin and Decadron drug interaction
- Will you have Drug Effect Decreased with Morphine Sulfate?
- Will you have Platelet Count Increased with Mycostatin?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Aspirin and have Eye Inflammation?
- Support group for people who take Beconase and have Partial Lung Collapse?
- Support group for people who take Carboplatin and Decadron
- Support group for people who take Morphine Sulfate and have Drug Effect Decreased?
- Support group for people who take Mycostatin and have Platelet Count Increased?
- What to expect when you take Aspirin and have Eye Inflammation?
- What to expect when you take Beconase and have Partial Lung Collapse?
- What to expect when you take Carboplatin and Decadron
- What to expect when you take Morphine Sulfate and have Drug Effect Decreased?
- What to expect when you take Mycostatin and have Platelet Count Increased?
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Doxycycline
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Haldol
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Depakote
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Strattera
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Seroquel
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.