Cardene and Aphasia - from FDA reports
Aphasia is found among people who take Cardene, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Folic Acid, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 614 people who have side effects when taking Cardene from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
614 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardene.
Among them, 9 people (1.47%) have Aphasia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cardene when people have Aphasia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aphasia when taking Cardene *:
- female: 22.22 %
- male: 77.78 %
Age of people who have Aphasia when taking Cardene *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 55.56%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 22.22%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 11.11%
- Analgesia: 1 person, 11.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 6 people, 66.67%
- Folic Acid: 6 people, 66.67%
- Zometa: 4 people, 44.44%
- Aredia: 4 people, 44.44%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 44.44%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Influenza Like Illness: 4 people, 44.44%
- Vision Blurred: 4 people, 44.44%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 4 people, 44.44%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 44.44%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Aphasia while taking Cardene?
You are not alone:
Cardene has active ingredients of nicardipine hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Cardene 618 users)
Aphasia (damage to the parts of the brain that control language) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 53,364 Aphasia patients).
Drugs that are associated with AphasiaAphasia (2,619 drugs)
Could your condition cause AphasiaAphasia (2,644 conditions)
Cardene side effects
- Cardene side effects (614 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cardenea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- MITTAL V, ARCHANA D, GUPTA A, SRIVASTAV U, CHANDRA V, SAXENA A, AGRAWAL P, "Aphasia: a Rarest Complication with a Well Known Drug Levofloxacin", Medical Science, 2013 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Diarrhea with Carbocaine? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Loose Bowel Movements with Carbocaine? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Taste - Impaired with Endometriosis? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Frequent Bowel Movements with Carbocaine? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Taste with Endometriosis? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium - an hour ago
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Metronidazole, Amoxicillin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Cannabis, Cyanocobalaminum, Implanon - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Folic Acid, Lamictal - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Cannabis, Implanon - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.