Cardene and Dysarthria - from FDA reports
Dysarthria is found among people who take Cardene, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Folic Acid, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Dysarthria with Cardene. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 600 people who have side effects when taking Cardene from FDA , and is updated regularly.
600 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardene.
Among them, 9 people (1.5%) have Dysarthria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cardene when people have Dysarthria *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dysarthria when taking Cardene *:
- female: 22.22 %
- male: 77.78 %
Age of people who have Dysarthria when taking Cardene *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 55.56%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 22.22%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 11.11%
- Analgesia: 1 person, 11.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 6 people, 66.67%
- Folic Acid: 6 people, 66.67%
- Zometa: 4 people, 44.44%
- Aredia: 4 people, 44.44%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 44.44%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Influenza Like Illness: 4 people, 44.44%
- Vision Blurred: 4 people, 44.44%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 4 people, 44.44%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 44.44%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cardene and have Dysarthria?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Dysarthria
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Cardene has active ingredients of nicardipine hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Cardene 604 users)
Dysarthria (speech disorder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 47,726 Dysarthria patients).
Drugs that are associated with DysarthriaDysarthria (2,813 drugs)
Could your condition cause DysarthriaDysarthria (2,655 conditions)
Cardene side effects
- Cardene side effects (600 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cardenea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cardene and have Dysarthria
- Support group for people who have Dysarthria
- Support group for people who take Cardene
Can you answer these questions
- Hi there, do anyone has good experience with any medication for GAD+Aphasia? I've tried all kinds of SSRIs and older medications but they do not help. I experienced only with Lustral (Zoloft) a honeymoon for a bout 4 weeks, then it seemed like it stopped to work.
- If you take trazodone at night will it cause you to be drugged and have slurred speech the next afternoon?
- Female born 25th of Dec 1934. On the 5th Dec 2017 started Effexor 37.5 mg for 1 week and then 75mg with Seroquel 25mg per day .Drugs taken at 8pm . Slurred speech at mid day for 2-3 hours. Some confusion ,forgetting some words and short memory facts during the day. Will these side effects...
- Will this resolve or is it permanent?
- Male, 85 years old. Taking levetiracetam since 2 weeks ago because of aphasia and confusion with normal MRI , normal brain angiography, EEG without paroxisms. Normal blood tests. Normal CSF with PCR negative for Herpes Virus. The symptoms fully dessapeared in 36 hours. Decreasing the dose of...
You may be interested in these posts
- Two years ago I was diagnosed with TA (after 4 days in hospital ). Because I am allergic to all NSAID, I was treated for 8 months with predisone on a step-down dose according to SED rate. Within 6 months of completing the predisone, I first exhibited symptoms of aphasia. My family doctor...
- I’m the wife of a 39 year old who is on Entresto to treat heart failure.
- I have to speak in public and the speech problem is impeding this. Can anyone please help.
- Recently had Kybella on 2/17. Experienced immediate nerve damage which was evident in my crooked smile/chin. 4 vials injected evenly under chin/jowls. Will my slurred speech and facial asymmetry resolve or is there a chance it may not heal 100%?
- Will you have Pseudomonas Infection with Kidney Transplant?
- Will you have Pain - Ear with Irbesartan?
- Will you have Otalgia with Irbesartan?
- Will you have Earache with Irbesartan?
- Will you have Painful Response To Normal Stimuli with Metastases To Pelvis?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Kidney Transplant and Pseudomonas Infection?
- Support group for people who take Irbesartan and have Pain - Ear?
- Support group for people who take Irbesartan and have Otalgia?
- Support group for people who take Irbesartan and have Earache?
- Support group for people who have Metastases To Pelvis and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli?
- What to expect when you have Kidney Transplant and Pseudomonas Infection?
- What to expect when you take Irbesartan and have Pain - Ear?
- What to expect when you take Irbesartan and have Otalgia?
- What to expect when you take Irbesartan and have Earache?
- What to expect when you have Metastases To Pelvis and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.