Cardene and Impairment of speech - from FDA reports
Impairment of speech is found among people who take Cardene, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Folic Acid, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 614 people who have side effects when taking Cardene from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
614 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardene.
Among them, 9 people (1.47%) have Impairment of speech
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cardene when people have Impairment of speech *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Impairment of speech when taking Cardene *:
- female: 22.22 %
- male: 77.78 %
Age of people who have Impairment of speech when taking Cardene *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 55.56%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 22.22%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 11.11%
- Analgesia: 1 person, 11.11%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 6 people, 66.67%
- Folic Acid: 6 people, 66.67%
- Zometa: 4 people, 44.44%
- Aredia: 4 people, 44.44%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 44.44%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Influenza Like Illness: 4 people, 44.44%
- Vision Blurred: 4 people, 44.44%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 4 people, 44.44%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 44.44%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Impairment of speech while taking Cardene?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Impairment of speech
- Subscribe to monitor Impairment of speech in Cardene
You are not alone:
Cardene has active ingredients of nicardipine hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Cardene 618 users)
Impairment of speech
Impairment of speech has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 53,364 Impairment of speech patients).
Drugs that are associated with Impairment of speechImpairment of speech (2,611 drugs)
Could your condition cause Impairment of speechImpairment of speech (2,681 conditions)
Cardene side effects
- Cardene side effects (614 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cardenea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Pantoprazole and Isosorbide Mononitrate drug interaction - a second ago
- Pro-Banthine and Synercid drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Yellow Skin And Eyes with Centrum Silver? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin - Yellow with Centrum Silver? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Jaundice with Centrum Silver? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 16 year old boy who takes Seroquel - an hour ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Cialis - an hour ago
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Klonopin, Flexeril, Fish Oil, Ginger, Magnesium Citrate, Fioricet, Probiotics, Trokendi Xr, Minipress, Metformin, L-glutamine, Turmeric - an hour ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Anoro Ellipta - an hour ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Vascepa, Bydureon Bcise, Valsartan - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.