Cardizem and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Cardizem.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cardizem and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,148 people who have side effects while taking Cardizem from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
26,148 people reported to have side effects when taking Cardizem.
Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Cardizem?
Cardizem has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 26,415 Cardizem users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cardizem and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Cardizem *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Cardizem *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Cardizem *:
- Tylenol: 3 people, 60.00%
- Lasix: 3 people, 60.00%
- Zestril: 2 people, 40.00%
- Kayexalate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Magnevist: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lovastatin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lopressor: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lidex: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 40.00%
- Onychomadesis (a periodic idiopathic shedding of the nails): 2 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fibrosis (formation of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ or tissue): 2 people, 40.00%
- Ischaemic Ulcer (arterial ulcer): 2 people, 40.00%
- Joint Contracture (a permanent shortening of a muscle or joint): 2 people, 40.00%
- Joint Range Of Motion Decreased (disease of joint movement): 2 people, 40.00%
- Joint Swelling: 2 people, 40.00%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 2 people, 40.00%
- Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 2 people, 40.00%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 1 person, 20.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 20.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 1 person, 20.00%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 1 person, 20.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cardizem and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cardizem:
- Cardizem (26,415 reports)
Common Cardizem side effects:
Browse all side effects of Cardizem:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diltiazem hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Cardizem) and Cardizem (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abilify and Centrum drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Slow-K and Oesophageal Ulcer - 17 seconds ago
- Ectopic Pregnancy Termination and Abortion Spontaneous - 37 seconds ago
- Hypertension Aggravated and Sleep Disorder - 44 seconds ago
- Avandia and Eyelid Function Disorder - 48 seconds ago
- Muscle Tightness and drugs of ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate - 51 seconds ago
- Valproic Acid and Saizen drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Glucophage and Malnutrition - a minute ago
- Actemra and Oxycodone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Hypertension Aggravated and Euphoric Mood - a minute ago