Cartia xt and Tinnitus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tinnitus is found among people who take Cartia xt, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cartia xt and have Tinnitus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,852 people who have side effects when taking Cartia xt from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,852 people reported to have side effects when taking Cartia xt.
Among them, 21 people (0.36%) have Tinnitus.
What is Cartia xt?
Cartia xt has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 6,178 Cartia xt users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) is found to be associated with 3,269 drugs and 2,818 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cartia xt and Tinnitus reports submitted per year:
Time on Cartia xt when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Cartia xt *:
- female: 68.42 %
- male: 31.58 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Cartia xt *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 20 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 80 %
Common drugs people take besides Cartia xt *:
- Warfarin Sodium: 3 people, 14.29%
- Avapro: 3 people, 14.29%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 14.29%
- Zocor: 2 people, 9.52%
- Vicodin: 2 people, 9.52%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 9.52%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 9.52%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 9.52%
- Cardizem: 2 people, 9.52%
- Indapamide: 2 people, 9.52%
Common side effects people have besides Tinnitus *:
- Dizziness: 11 people, 52.38%
- Hearing Loss: 4 people, 19.05%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 19.05%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 3 people, 14.29%
- Faeces Discolored: 2 people, 9.52%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 9.52%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 9.52%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 9.52%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 9.52%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 9.52%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 9.52%
- Depression: 2 people, 9.52%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 1 person, 4.76%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 4.76%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 4.76%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 4.76%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 4.76%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 4.76%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 4.76%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 4.76%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cartia xt and have Tinnitus?Check whether Tinnitus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tinnitus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cartia xt:
- Cartia xt (6,178 reports)
Common Cartia xt side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 505 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 500 reports
- Pain: 384 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 372 reports
- Weakness: 371 reports
- Dizziness: 370 reports
- Diarrhea: 364 reports
Browse all side effects of Cartia xt:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tinnitus treatments and more:
- Tinnitus (51,747 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tinnitus:
- Tinnitus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tinnitus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tinnitus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Tinnitus:
- Cymbalta: 2,294 reports
- Aspirin: 2,008 reports
- Prednisone: 1,554 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,316 reports
- Wellbutrin: 1,227 reports
- Synthroid: 1,202 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,114 reports
- Humira: 1,114 reports
- Ibu: 1,081 reports
- Ibuprofen: 1,072 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Tinnitus:
- Tinnitus (3,269 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tinnitus:
- Depression: 3,340 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,369 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,674 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,664 reports
- Pain: 1,639 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 1,474 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Tinnitus:
- Tinnitus (2,818 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diltiazem hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Cartia xt) and Cartia xt (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aricept and Liver Transplant Rejection - 6 seconds ago
- Etidronate Disodium and Feeling Abnormal - 8 seconds ago
- Topamax and Lipoma - 12 seconds ago
- Fioricet W/ Codeine vs. Zanaflex - 14 seconds ago
- Midodrine Hydrochloride and Scleral Disorder - 20 seconds ago
- Zofran and Carbamazepine drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Byetta and Haemoglobin Increased - 34 seconds ago
- Lumigan and Adenosine drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Fibroadenoma Of Breast and drugs of ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride - 43 seconds ago
- Femara and Scapula Fracture - 43 seconds ago