Carvedilol and Arteritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Arteritis is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Carvedilol and have Arteritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,214 people who have side effects when taking Carvedilol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
95,214 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Arteritis.
What is Carvedilol?
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 97,395 Carvedilol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Arteritis?
Arteritis (inflammation of the walls of arteries) is found to be associated with 545 drugs and 273 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Carvedilol and Arteritis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Arteritis when taking Carvedilol *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Arteritis when taking Carvedilol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Carvedilol *:
- Actemra: 2 people, 28.57%
- Dapsone: 2 people, 28.57%
- Ambien: 2 people, 28.57%
- Amlodipine: 2 people, 28.57%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 28.57%
- Plaquenil: 2 people, 28.57%
- Brilinta: 2 people, 28.57%
- Centrum Silver: 2 people, 28.57%
- Forteo: 2 people, 28.57%
- Valium: 2 people, 28.57%
Common side effects people have besides Arteritis *:
- Pain: 5 people, 71.43%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 3 people, 42.86%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 42.86%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 3 people, 42.86%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 3 people, 42.86%
- Weakness: 3 people, 42.86%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 42.86%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 42.86%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 3 people, 42.86%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 42.86%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 28.57%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 28.57%
- Angiopathy (generic term for a disease of the blood vessels): 2 people, 28.57%
- Blood Disorder: 2 people, 28.57%
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles): 2 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 28.57%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
- Immune System Disorder: 2 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Carvedilol and have Arteritis?Check whether Arteritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Barold, S. S., & Upton, S. , "Hyperkalemia Induced by the Sequential Administration of Metoprolol and Carvedilol", Case reports in cardiology, 2018 Jan .
- Kim MS, Baek IH, "Effect of dronedarone on the pharmacokinetics of carvedilol following oral administration to rats", European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Arteritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of carvedilol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Carvedilol:
- Carvedilol (97,395 reports)
Common Carvedilol side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,610 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 6,175 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 5,548 reports
- Diarrhea: 4,974 reports
- Dizziness: 4,960 reports
- Weakness: 4,730 reports
Browse all side effects of Carvedilol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Arteritis treatments and more:
- Arteritis (1,241 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Arteritis:
- Arteritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Arteritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Arteritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Arteritis:
- Arteritis (545 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Arteritis:
- Arteritis (273 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carvedilol (the active ingredients of Carvedilol) and Carvedilol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Stelara and Vulval Abscess - 8 seconds ago
- Ultravist 150 and Diarrhea - 19 seconds ago
- Ultravist 150 and Stools - Watery - 19 seconds ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Spinal Cord Compression - 20 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - 29 seconds ago
- Birth Control and Abdominal Fullness Prematurely After Meals - 31 seconds ago
- Lescol and Prostate Cancer - 32 seconds ago
- Alvesco and Sciatica - 34 seconds ago
- Inderal and Uterine Fibroids - 35 seconds ago
- Colon Cancer and Therapeutic Response Decreased - 37 seconds ago