Carvedilol and Nasal congestion - from FDA reports
Nasal congestion is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Letairis, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Nasal congestion with Carvedilol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,470 people who have side effects when taking Carvedilol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
42,470 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol.
Among them, 120 people (0.28%) have Nasal congestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Carvedilol when people have Nasal congestion *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Carvedilol *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Carvedilol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.3 %
- 40-49: 8.6 %
- 50-59: 22.58 %
- 60+: 64.52 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (28 people, 23.33%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (13 people, 10.83%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (11 people, 9.17%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (10 people, 8.33%)
- Cardiac Disorder (8 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (24 people, 20.00%)
- Letairis (24 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 14.17%)
- Plavix (14 people, 11.67%)
- Lasix (13 people, 10.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (34 people, 28.33%)
- Cough (31 people, 25.83%)
- Headache (22 people, 18.33%)
- Diarrhea (19 people, 15.83%)
- Chest Pain (19 people, 15.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nasal congestion when taking Carvedilol?
- Check symptoms - is nasal congestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNasal congestion and drugs with ingredients of carvedilol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNasal congestion and Carvedilol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Carvedilol 44,011 users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, pulmonary hypertension, psoriasis (latest reports from 33,889 Nasal congestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Carvedilola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Nasal congestionNasal congestion
Could your condition cause Nasal congestionNasal congestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
88 year old male can't breath through nose.He just blows and blows his nose all time. I have him to wash nose with warm water to clean it out. But he still blows. It sounds dry to me He says it makes it hard to breath.