Carvedilol and Nose bleeds - from FDA reports
Nose bleeds is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Xarelto, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Nose bleeds with Carvedilol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,470 people who have side effects when taking Carvedilol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
42,470 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol.
Among them, 471 people (1.11%) have Nose bleeds
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Carvedilol when people have Nose bleeds *:
- < 1 month: 9.09 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.27 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.18 %
- 5 - 10 years: 36.36 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Carvedilol *:
- female: 43.56 %
- male: 56.44 %
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Carvedilol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.25 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.74 %
- 30-39: 0.5 %
- 40-49: 4.47 %
- 50-59: 11.41 %
- 60+: 82.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (153 people, 32.48%)
- Stroke (110 people, 23.35%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (51 people, 10.83%)
- Cardiac Disorder (51 people, 10.83%)
- Anticoagulant Therapy (40 people, 8.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xarelto (126 people, 26.75%)
- Aspirin (74 people, 15.71%)
- Lasix (69 people, 14.65%)
- Lisinopril (52 people, 11.04%)
- Coumadin (48 people, 10.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (62 people, 13.16%)
- Fatigue (54 people, 11.46%)
- Thrombocytopenia (50 people, 10.62%)
- Weakness (48 people, 10.19%)
- Anaemia (45 people, 9.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nose bleeds when taking Carvedilol?
- Check symptoms - is nose bleeds caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNose bleeds and drugs with ingredients of carvedilol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNose bleeds and Carvedilol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Carvedilol 44,012 users)
Nose bleeds has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 45,748 Nose bleeds patients).
Browse all side effects of Carvedilola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Nose bleedsNose bleeds
Could your condition cause Nose bleedsNose bleeds
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim MS, Baek IH, "Effect of dronedarone on the pharmacokinetics of carvedilol following oral administration to rats", European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
can anyone help me with solutions to help me control my nosebleeds. i take a generic for crestor and get my nosebleeds mostly while i sleep.when it bleeds it pours blood from my nose and ruining my bed sheets. I have humidifiers in bedroom going all night. Any suggestions ? Allen Howe
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
User posts to the study
I keep getting nose bleeds, I have had my nose cauterized 3 times and still get them. I've been tested for bleeding disorders and that's negative. Just wondering if my Zyrtec is causing them I've been on it for years. When I go off it I get hives, so I have just taken it daily for years.
I started taking tramadol 50 mg about 2 months ago. I started having lower nose nosebleeds and then I had a very severe nosebleed that required an embolization surgery to stop the bleeding blood vessel. I still need it but am afraid of the nosebleeds? What should I do?
I'm a male 82 YO with A Fib. Been on Eliquis for 13 months. Recently, that is a month ago I got a nose bleed in the morning between 3 and 5 am. Since then I got one every week always in the morning. I walk play tennis and golf. Never a problem in any of these activities only in the morning. ...