Carvedilol and Nose bleeds - from FDA reports
Nose bleeds is found among people who take Carvedilol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Xarelto, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,766 people who have side effects when taking Carvedilol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
53,766 people reported to have side effects when taking Carvedilol.
Among them, 588 people (1.09%) have Nose bleeds
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Carvedilol when people have Nose bleeds *:
- < 1 month: 9.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.76 %
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Carvedilol *:
- female: 42.71 %
- male: 57.29 %
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Carvedilol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.21 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 184 people, 31.29%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 135 people, 22.96%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 58 people, 9.86%
- Cardiac Disorder: 57 people, 9.69%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 47 people, 7.99%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xarelto: 155 people, 26.36%
- Lasix: 89 people, 15.14%
- Aspirin: 74 people, 12.59%
- Plavix: 54 people, 9.18%
- Amlodipine: 53 people, 9.01%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 75 people, 12.76%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 69 people, 11.73%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 58 people, 9.86%
- Diarrhea: 58 people, 9.86%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 56 people, 9.52%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nose bleeds while taking Carvedilol?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nose bleeds
- Subscribe to monitor Nose bleeds in Carvedilol
You are not alone:
Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Carvedilol 55,309 users)
Nose bleeds has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 54,333 Nose bleeds patients).
Drugs that are associated with Nose bleedsNose bleeds (2,658 drugs)
Could your condition cause Nose bleedsNose bleeds (2,358 conditions)
Carvedilol side effects
- Carvedilol side effects (53,779 reports)
Browse all side effects of Carvedilola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim MS, Baek IH, "Effect of dronedarone on the pharmacokinetics of carvedilol following oral administration to rats", European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Haematuria with Venlafaxine Hydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Lens Opacity with Itraconazole? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Cataract with Itraconazole? - 4 seconds ago
- Vitamin B6 and Yaa Tai Bai drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Accelerating Angina with Xanax? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Lasix, Eliquis, Vitamins - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 81 year old woman who takes Ambien, Medrol, Norco, Dyrenium - 3 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Lamictal, Pristiq for a 59 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Mary Jane - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.