Casodex and Benign oesophageal neoplasm - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Benign oesophageal neoplasm is found among people who take Casodex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Casodex and have Benign oesophageal neoplasm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,174 people who have side effects when taking Casodex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Casodex.
Among them, 13 people (0.13%) have Benign oesophageal neoplasm.
What is Casodex?
Casodex has active ingredients of bicalutamide. It is often used in prostate cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 10,303 Casodex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Benign oesophageal neoplasm?
Benign oesophageal neoplasm (benign (non-cancerous) tumours of the oesophageal) is found to be associated with 103 drugs and 55 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Casodex and Benign oesophageal neoplasm reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Benign oesophageal neoplasm when taking Casodex *:
- female: 10 %
- male: 90 %
Age of people who have Benign oesophageal neoplasm when taking Casodex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 90 %
Common drugs people take besides Casodex *:
- Zometa: 13 people, 100.00%
- Metrogel: 13 people, 100.00%
- Ambien: 13 people, 100.00%
- Aredia: 13 people, 100.00%
- Avodart: 13 people, 100.00%
- Calcitriol: 13 people, 100.00%
- Celebrex: 13 people, 100.00%
- Fosamax: 13 people, 100.00%
- Halcion: 13 people, 100.00%
- Hydrocortisone: 13 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Benign oesophageal neoplasm *:
- Wound Dehiscence (a surgical incision reopens either internally or externally): 13 people, 100.00%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 13 people, 100.00%
- Gingival Erythema (redness of gums): 13 people, 100.00%
- Gingival Oedema (swelling of gums): 13 people, 100.00%
- Groin Pain: 13 people, 100.00%
- Gums - Swollen: 13 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 13 people, 100.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 13 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 13 people, 100.00%
- Impaired Healing: 13 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypogonadism (reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries)): 13 people, 100.00%
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 13 people, 100.00%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 11 people, 84.62%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Casodex and have Benign oesophageal neoplasm?Check whether Benign oesophageal neoplasm is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peng, C. C., Chen, C. Y., Chen, C. R., Chen, C. J., Shen, K. H., Chen, K. C., & Peng, R. Y., "Renal Damaging Effect Elicited by Bicalutamide Therapy Uncovered Multiple Action Mechanisms As Evidenced by the Cell Model", Scientific reports, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Benign oesophageal neoplasm and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bicalutamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Casodex:
- Casodex (10,303 reports)
Common Casodex side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 775 reports
- Death: 772 reports
- Pain: 729 reports
- Weakness: 683 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 599 reports
Browse all side effects of Casodex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Benign oesophageal neoplasm treatments and more:
- Benign oesophageal neoplasm (57 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Benign oesophageal neoplasm:
- Benign oesophageal neoplasm in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Benign oesophageal neoplasm in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Benign oesophageal neoplasm in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Benign oesophageal neoplasm:
- Benign oesophageal neoplasm (103 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Benign oesophageal neoplasm:
- Benign oesophageal neoplasm (55 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bicalutamide (the active ingredients of Casodex) and Casodex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Naprosyn and Carotid Artery Stenosis - a second ago
- Atrovent and Meniere'S Disease Aggravated - 7 seconds ago
- Tpn and Encephalopathy - 9 seconds ago
- Acyclovir and Depression - 20 seconds ago
- Oxaliplatin and Mifepristone drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Docosanol and Swelling Face - 34 seconds ago
- Trandolapril And Verapamil Hydrochloride and Sucralfate drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Rifabutin and Sleep Disorder - 39 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Paraneoplastic Syndrome - 45 seconds ago
- Loprox and Type 2 Diabetes - 49 seconds ago