Casodex and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Casodex, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Casodex and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,174 people who have side effects when taking Casodex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Casodex.
Among them, 9 people (0.09%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Casodex?
Casodex has active ingredients of bicalutamide. It is often used in prostate cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 9,974 Casodex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Casodex and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Time on Casodex when people have Dupuytren's contracture *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Casodex *:
- female: 11.11 %
- male: 88.89 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Casodex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 62.5 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Casodex *:
- Zometa: 7 people, 77.78%
- Lisinopril: 6 people, 66.67%
- Leuprolide Acetate: 6 people, 66.67%
- Mitoxantrone: 6 people, 66.67%
- Ambien: 6 people, 66.67%
- Motrin: 6 people, 66.67%
- Neupogen: 6 people, 66.67%
- Oxycontin: 6 people, 66.67%
- Plavix: 6 people, 66.67%
- Desyrel: 6 people, 66.67%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 8 people, 88.89%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 7 people, 77.78%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 7 people, 77.78%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 77.78%
- Depression: 7 people, 77.78%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 7 people, 77.78%
- Injury: 7 people, 77.78%
- Pain: 7 people, 77.78%
- Pain In Jaw: 7 people, 77.78%
- Mouth Ulcers: 6 people, 66.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bone Density Decreased: 5 people, 55.56%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 11.11%
- Metastases To Prostate (cancer spreads to prostate): 1 person, 11.11%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 11.11%
- Depression: 1 person, 11.11%
- Colon Cancer: 1 person, 11.11%
- Bone Loss: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Casodex and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peng, C. C., Chen, C. Y., Chen, C. R., Chen, C. J., Shen, K. H., Chen, K. C., & Peng, R. Y., "Renal Damaging Effect Elicited by Bicalutamide Therapy Uncovered Multiple Action Mechanisms As Evidenced by the Cell Model", Scientific reports, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bicalutamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Casodex:
- Casodex (9,974 reports)
Common Casodex side effects:
Browse all side effects of Casodex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bicalutamide (the active ingredients of Casodex) and Casodex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lung Infiltration - a second ago
- Licorice and Paxil drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Tremfya and Eosinophilia - 3 seconds ago
- Monopril and Calcium Acetate drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Zometa and Post-Traumatic Headache - 8 seconds ago
- Bronchial Irritation and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 17 seconds ago
- Vimpat and Humira drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Temozolomide and Compartment Syndrome - 28 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Abscess Limb - 32 seconds ago
- Travatan and Rocaltrol drug interaction - 35 seconds ago