Casodex and Type 1 diabetes - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Type 1 diabetes is reported only by a few people who take Casodex.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Casodex and have Type 1 diabetes. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,174 people who have side effects while taking Casodex from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Casodex.
Among them, 4 people (0.04%) have Type 1 diabetes.
What is Casodex?
Casodex has active ingredients of bicalutamide. It is often used in prostate cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 10,303 Casodex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Type 1 diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes is found to be associated with 1,787 drugs and 1,496 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Casodex and Type 1 diabetes reports submitted per year:
Time on Casodex when people have Type 1 diabetes *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Type 1 diabetes when taking Casodex *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Type 1 diabetes when taking Casodex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Casodex *:
- Zocor: 1 person, 25.00%
- Vioxx: 1 person, 25.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Type 1 diabetes *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 25.00%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 25.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 25.00%
- Basal Cell Carcinoma (a skin cancer, it rarely metastasizes or kills): 1 person, 25.00%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 1 person, 25.00%
- Breast Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Compartment Syndrome (painful condition that occurs when pressure within the muscles builds to dangerous levels): 1 person, 25.00%
- Constipation: 1 person, 25.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dermatophytosis (inflammation of the skin and underlying muscle tissue): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Casodex and have Type 1 diabetes?Check whether Type 1 diabetes is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peng, C. C., Chen, C. Y., Chen, C. R., Chen, C. J., Shen, K. H., Chen, K. C., & Peng, R. Y., "Renal Damaging Effect Elicited by Bicalutamide Therapy Uncovered Multiple Action Mechanisms As Evidenced by the Cell Model", Scientific reports, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Type 1 diabetes and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bicalutamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Casodex:
- Casodex (10,303 reports)
Common Casodex side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 775 reports
- Death: 772 reports
- Pain: 729 reports
- Weakness: 683 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 545 reports
Browse all side effects of Casodex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Type 1 diabetes treatments and more:
- Type 1 diabetes (41,944 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Type 1 diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Type 1 diabetes in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Type 1 diabetes in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Type 1 diabetes:
- Seroquel: 1,100 reports
- Zyprexa: 669 reports
- Risperdal: 620 reports
- Lantus: 329 reports
- Abilify: 326 reports
- Opdivo: 303 reports
- Prednisone: 301 reports
- Depakote: 296 reports
- Aspirin: 278 reports
- Metformin: 268 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Type 1 diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes (1,787 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Type 1 diabetes:
- Depression: 599 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 469 reports
- Schizophrenia: 349 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 325 reports
- Sleep disorder: 274 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 249 reports
- High blood pressure: 235 reports
- Diabetes: 214 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Type 1 diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes (1,496 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bicalutamide (the active ingredients of Casodex) and Casodex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ativan and Infusion Related Reaction - 9 seconds ago
- Aricept and Swelling Face - 14 seconds ago
- Micafungin and Clostridial Infection - 15 seconds ago
- Megace and Periostitis Hypertrophic - 17 seconds ago
- Bactrim Ds vs. Nitrofurantoin - 24 seconds ago
- Duopa and Kyphosis - 29 seconds ago
- Adderall and Abdominal Adhesions - 34 seconds ago
- Cymbalta and Altace drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Clariscan and Movement Disorder - 58 seconds ago
- Norflex and Disability - 59 seconds ago