Casodex and Ulcer - peptic - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ulcer - peptic is found among people who take Casodex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Casodex and have Ulcer - peptic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,174 people who have side effects when taking Casodex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Casodex.
Among them, 68 people (0.67%) have Ulcer - peptic.
What is Casodex?
Casodex has active ingredients of bicalutamide. It is often used in prostate cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 10,303 Casodex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ulcer - peptic?
Ulcer - peptic is found to be associated with 3,316 drugs and 3,116 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Casodex and Ulcer - peptic reports submitted per year:
Time on Casodex when people have Ulcer - peptic *:
- < 1 month: 12.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 43.75 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 43.75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ulcer - peptic when taking Casodex *:
- female: 7.58 %
- male: 92.42 %
Age of people who have Ulcer - peptic when taking Casodex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.79 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 1.79 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 96.43 %
Common drugs people take besides Casodex *:
- Zometa: 23 people, 33.82%
- Lupron: 22 people, 32.35%
- Prevacid: 18 people, 26.47%
- Flomax: 18 people, 26.47%
- Lorazepam: 17 people, 25.00%
- Hydrocortisone: 13 people, 19.12%
- Proscar: 11 people, 16.18%
- Lipitor: 11 people, 16.18%
- Lopressor: 10 people, 14.71%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 10 people, 14.71%
Common side effects people have besides Ulcer - peptic *:
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 26 people, 38.24%
- Stress And Anxiety: 22 people, 32.35%
- Pain In Jaw: 21 people, 30.88%
- Impaired Healing: 20 people, 29.41%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 20 people, 29.41%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 19 people, 27.94%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 19 people, 27.94%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 18 people, 26.47%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 18 people, 26.47%
- Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose): 17 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 14 people, 20.59%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 10 people, 14.71%
- Metastasis (spreadable cancer to other organ from origin): 8 people, 11.76%
- Hypogonadism (reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries)): 8 people, 11.76%
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 8 people, 11.76%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 6 people, 8.82%
- Prostate Cancer Stage Iv: 5 people, 7.35%
- Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage): 5 people, 7.35%
- Constipation: 5 people, 7.35%
- Cancer Pain: 4 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Casodex and have Ulcer - peptic?Check whether Ulcer - peptic is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peng, C. C., Chen, C. Y., Chen, C. R., Chen, C. J., Shen, K. H., Chen, K. C., & Peng, R. Y., "Renal Damaging Effect Elicited by Bicalutamide Therapy Uncovered Multiple Action Mechanisms As Evidenced by the Cell Model", Scientific reports, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Ulcer - peptic and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bicalutamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Casodex:
- Casodex (10,303 reports)
Common Casodex side effects:
Browse all side effects of Casodex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ulcer - peptic treatments and more:
- Ulcer - peptic (101,319 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ulcer - peptic:
- Ulcer - peptic in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ulcer - peptic in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ulcer - peptic in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ulcer - peptic:
All the drugs that are associated with Ulcer - peptic:
- Ulcer - peptic (3,316 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ulcer - peptic:
All the conditions that are associated with Ulcer - peptic:
- Ulcer - peptic (3,116 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bicalutamide (the active ingredients of Casodex) and Casodex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Questran and Depakene drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Dolobid and Pancreatitis Acute - 2 seconds ago
- Octreotide Acetate and Dementia - 7 seconds ago
- Ergocalciferol and Calcification Of Muscle - 9 seconds ago
- Norvir and Deformity - 10 seconds ago
- Ephedrine and Metabolic Alkalosis - 12 seconds ago
- Bleeding in Crestor, how severe and when it was recovered? - 20 seconds ago
- Paclitaxel and Gangrene - 23 seconds ago
- Zaroxolyn and Febrile Neutropenia - 27 seconds ago
- Synthroid and Jugular Vein Thrombosis - 40 seconds ago