Casodex and Xerosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Xerosis is found among people who take Casodex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Casodex and have Xerosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,174 people who have side effects when taking Casodex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Casodex.
Among them, 6 people (0.06%) have Xerosis.
What is Casodex?
Casodex has active ingredients of bicalutamide. It is often used in prostate cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 10,303 Casodex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Xerosis?
Xerosis (abnormal dryness of the skin or mucus membranes) is found to be associated with 880 drugs and 527 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Casodex and Xerosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Xerosis when taking Casodex *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Xerosis when taking Casodex *:
- 0-1: 20 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 80 %
Common drugs people take besides Casodex *:
- Zometa: 6 people, 100.00%
- Nilandron: 5 people, 83.33%
- Aredia: 5 people, 83.33%
- Cozaar: 5 people, 83.33%
- Demerol: 5 people, 83.33%
- Dexamethasone: 5 people, 83.33%
- Digoxin: 5 people, 83.33%
- Dyazide: 5 people, 83.33%
- Flutamide: 5 people, 83.33%
- Gabapentin: 5 people, 83.33%
Common side effects people have besides Xerosis *:
- Actinic Keratosis (skin disease due to sun exposure): 6 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 100.00%
- Physical Disability: 6 people, 100.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 6 people, 100.00%
- Pain: 6 people, 100.00%
- Seborrhoeic Keratosis (noncancerous (benign) skin growths that some people develop as they age. they often appear on the back or chest): 6 people, 100.00%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 6 people, 100.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 6 people, 100.00%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 6 people, 100.00%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 6 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 5 people, 83.33%
- Bone Loss: 4 people, 66.67%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 16.67%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 16.67%
- Bone Density Decreased: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Casodex and have Xerosis?Check whether Xerosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peng, C. C., Chen, C. Y., Chen, C. R., Chen, C. J., Shen, K. H., Chen, K. C., & Peng, R. Y., "Renal Damaging Effect Elicited by Bicalutamide Therapy Uncovered Multiple Action Mechanisms As Evidenced by the Cell Model", Scientific reports, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Xerosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bicalutamide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Casodex:
- Casodex (10,303 reports)
Common Casodex side effects:
Browse all side effects of Casodex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Xerosis treatments and more:
- Xerosis (1,411 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Xerosis:
- Xerosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Xerosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Xerosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Xerosis:
- Accutane: 349 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Xerosis:
- Xerosis (880 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Xerosis:
- Acne: 261 reports
- Acne aggravated: 254 reports
- Acne vulgaris: 258 reports
- Cystic acne: 258 reports
- Zits: 251 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Xerosis:
- Xerosis (527 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bicalutamide (the active ingredients of Casodex) and Casodex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lamictal and Autism Spectrum Disorder - 2 seconds ago
- Tamiflu and Linzess drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Lamictal and Growth Retardation - 5 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride and Arthrotec drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Lamictal and Laziness - 9 seconds ago
- Lamictal and Logorrhea - 11 seconds ago
- Lamictal and Skin Burning Sensation - 16 seconds ago
- Multiple Sclerosis and Blindness - 21 seconds ago
- Lamictal and Renal Injury - 23 seconds ago
- Anaemia Of Chronic Disease and Vitamin B12 Deficiency - 23 seconds ago