Cefadroxil and Ototoxicity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ototoxicity is reported only by a few people who take Cefadroxil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cefadroxil and have Ototoxicity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,776 people who have side effects while taking Cefadroxil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,776 people reported to have side effects when taking Cefadroxil.
Among them, 1 person (0.06%) has Ototoxicity.
What is Cefadroxil?
Cefadroxil has active ingredients of cefadroxil/cefadroxil hemihydrate. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 1,798 Cefadroxil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ototoxicity?
Ototoxicity (damage to the ear) is found to be associated with 599 drugs and 337 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cefadroxil and Ototoxicity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Cefadroxil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cefadroxil *:
- Vicoprofen: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lansoprazole: 1 person, 100.00%
- Buspirone Hcl: 1 person, 100.00%
- Cefuroxime Axetil: 1 person, 100.00%
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate: 1 person, 100.00%
- Diazepam: 1 person, 100.00%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 100.00%
- Fentanyl Citrate: 1 person, 100.00%
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride: 1 person, 100.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Ototoxicity *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Effusion (presence of extra fluid in joint covering): 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Dislocation (a joint position is changed from normal position): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypovolaemic Shock (shock caused by severe blood or fluid loss): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypersplenism Acquired (enlarged spleen and a decrease in one or more types of blood cells): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (chronic liver disease characterized by replacement of liver tissue by fibrosis, scar tissue): 1 person, 100.00%
- Haematemesis (vomiting of blood): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cervicobrachial Syndrome (pain in neck and arm with changing location): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cefadroxil and have Ototoxicity?Check whether Ototoxicity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ototoxicity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cefadroxil/cefadroxil hemihydrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cefadroxil:
- Cefadroxil (1,798 reports)
Common Cefadroxil side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 123 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 147 reports
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 117 reports
- Pain: 187 reports
- Rashes (redness): 129 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 108 reports
Browse all side effects of Cefadroxil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ototoxicity treatments and more:
- Ototoxicity (1,631 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ototoxicity:
All the drugs that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (599 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (337 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cefadroxil/cefadroxil hemihydrate (the active ingredients of Cefadroxil) and Cefadroxil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fentanyl Citrate and Blood Pressure Management - now
- Lopressor and Caustic Injury - 11 seconds ago
- Stribild and Sleep Disorder - 19 seconds ago
- Lotemax and Rhopressa drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Vicodin and Hepatic Steatosis - 28 seconds ago
- Psoriatic Arthropathy Aggravated and Pneumonia Aggravated - 28 seconds ago
- Ocular Hypertension and Asthma - 32 seconds ago
- Gentamicin and Coartem drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- How effective is Celebrex for Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Analgesic Supportive Therapy? - 32 seconds ago
- Robinul and Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) - 36 seconds ago