Cefdinir and Necrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Necrosis is reported only by a few people who take Cefdinir.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cefdinir and have Necrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,423 people who have side effects while taking Cefdinir from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,423 people reported to have side effects when taking Cefdinir.
Among them, 5 people (0.07%) have Necrosis.
What is Cefdinir?
Cefdinir has active ingredients of cefdinir. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 7,902 Cefdinir users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Necrosis?
Necrosis (the death of body tissue) is found to be associated with 1,474 drugs and 944 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cefdinir and Necrosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Cefdinir when people have Necrosis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Necrosis when taking Cefdinir *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Necrosis when taking Cefdinir *:
- 0-1: 40 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 20 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Cefdinir *:
- Tagamet: 2 people, 40.00%
- Spironolactone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Pravastatin Sodium: 2 people, 40.00%
- Nitroglycerin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Isosorbide Dinitrate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Furosemide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Enalapril Maleate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Digoxin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Diclofenac Sodium: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zyban: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Necrosis *:
- Fever: 3 people, 60.00%
- Erythema Multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction): 3 people, 60.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 3 people, 60.00%
- Itching: 2 people, 40.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 40.00%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped: 2 people, 40.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 40.00%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 2 people, 40.00%
- Corneal Scar (nullah): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 2 people, 40.00%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 2 people, 40.00%
- Otitis Media (inflammation of the middle ear): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 40.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 40.00%
- Cardiac Failure: 2 people, 40.00%
- Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) (an autoimmune or connective tissue disease. it is characterized by thickening of the skin): 1 person, 20.00%
- Spondylosis (a defect of a vertebra): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cefdinir and have Necrosis?Check whether Necrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Necrosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cefdinir:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cefdinir:
- Cefdinir (7,902 reports)
Common Cefdinir side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 593 reports
- Diarrhea: 518 reports
- Pneumonia: 467 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 450 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 430 reports
- Pain: 413 reports
- Rashes (redness): 404 reports
Browse all side effects of Cefdinir:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Necrosis treatments and more:
- Necrosis (7,627 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Necrosis:
- Necrosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Necrosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Necrosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Necrosis:
- Prednisone: 528 reports
- Methotrexate: 454 reports
- Omeprazole: 287 reports
- Prednisolone: 284 reports
- Aspirin: 259 reports
- Fosamax: 240 reports
- Morphine: 211 reports
- Humira: 210 reports
- Metformin: 208 reports
- Furosemide: 194 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Necrosis:
- Necrosis (1,474 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Necrosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 386 reports
- High blood pressure: 339 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 272 reports
- Osteoporosis: 250 reports
- Pain: 203 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 121 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 119 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Necrosis:
- Necrosis (944 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cefdinir (the active ingredients of Cefdinir) and Cefdinir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aldactone and Bradycardia - 27 seconds ago
- Mucinex Dm and Cellulitis - 2 minutes ago
- Milk Thistle and Hypotonia - 3 minutes ago
- How effective is Clonazepam for High Blood Pressure? - 3 minutes ago
- Yawning in Amlodipine Besylate, how severe and when it was recovered? - 3 minutes ago
- How effective is Tramadol for Neuropathic Pain? - 3 minutes ago
- Cenestin and Breast Cancer In Situ - 3 minutes ago
- Combivent Respimat vs. Primatene Mist - 4 minutes ago
- Mood Swings and Hangover - 4 minutes ago
- Prolia and Lymphoedema - 4 minutes ago