Cefdinir and Respiratory acidosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Respiratory acidosis is found among people who take Cefdinir, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cefdinir and have Respiratory acidosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,423 people who have side effects when taking Cefdinir from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,423 people reported to have side effects when taking Cefdinir.
Among them, 50 people (0.67%) have Respiratory acidosis.
What is Cefdinir?
Cefdinir has active ingredients of cefdinir. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 7,889 Cefdinir users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Respiratory acidosis?
Respiratory acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease) is found to be associated with 3,083 drugs and 3,260 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cefdinir and Respiratory acidosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Cefdinir when people have Respiratory acidosis *:
- < 1 month: 54.55 %
- 1 - 6 months: 45.45 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Respiratory acidosis when taking Cefdinir *:
- female: 56 %
- male: 44 %
Age of people who have Respiratory acidosis when taking Cefdinir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 10.87 %
- 10-19: 4.35 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.17 %
- 40-49: 13.04 %
- 50-59: 10.87 %
- 60+: 58.7 %
Common drugs people take besides Cefdinir *:
- Tylenol: 14 people, 28.00%
- Zofran: 14 people, 28.00%
- Nexium: 13 people, 26.00%
- Lasix: 13 people, 26.00%
- Zyrtec: 12 people, 24.00%
- Singulair: 12 people, 24.00%
- Pantoprazole: 11 people, 22.00%
- Plavix: 11 people, 22.00%
- Colace: 11 people, 22.00%
- Lexapro: 10 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Respiratory acidosis *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 15 people, 30.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 12 people, 24.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 12 people, 24.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 11 people, 22.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 11 people, 22.00%
- Sinus Tachycardia (a heart rhythm with elevated rate of impulses originating from the sinoatrial node): 11 people, 22.00%
- Constipation: 10 people, 20.00%
- Diarrhea: 10 people, 20.00%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 10 people, 20.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 10 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 8 people, 16.00%
- Pain: 7 people, 14.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 7 people, 14.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 12.00%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 6 people, 12.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 12.00%
- Inflammation: 6 people, 12.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 12.00%
- Indigestion: 5 people, 10.00%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cefdinir and have Respiratory acidosis?Check whether Respiratory acidosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Respiratory acidosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cefdinir:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cefdinir:
- Cefdinir (7,889 reports)
Common Cefdinir side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 593 reports
- Diarrhea: 527 reports
- Pneumonia: 467 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 450 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 430 reports
- Pain: 413 reports
- Rashes (redness): 404 reports
Browse all side effects of Cefdinir:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Respiratory acidosis treatments and more:
- Respiratory acidosis (82,348 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Respiratory acidosis:
- Respiratory acidosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Respiratory acidosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Respiratory acidosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Respiratory acidosis:
- Prednisone: 6,073 reports
- Aspirin: 4,301 reports
- Lasix: 3,711 reports
- Furosemide: 3,649 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,453 reports
- Prednisolone: 3,204 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 2,908 reports
- Omeprazole: 2,780 reports
- Metformin: 2,469 reports
- Amlodipine: 2,445 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Respiratory acidosis:
- Respiratory acidosis (3,083 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Respiratory acidosis:
- High blood pressure: 3,763 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,358 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 3,304 reports
- Pain: 2,790 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 2,398 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Respiratory acidosis:
- Respiratory acidosis (3,260 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cefdinir (the active ingredients of Cefdinir) and Cefdinir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Increased Tendency To Bruise - 3 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Optic Neuropathy - 3 seconds ago
- Stalevo 75 vs. Clonazepam - 5 seconds ago
- Slo-Niacin vs. Caduet - 9 seconds ago
- Riboflavin vs. Tramadol Hydrochloride - 13 seconds ago
- Elestrin vs. Cenestin - 15 seconds ago
- Aromasin and Myasthenia Gravis - 17 seconds ago
- Provera vs. Aygestin - 18 seconds ago
- Kelnor vs. Loestrin Fe 1/20 - 20 seconds ago
- Bupropion Hydrochloride and Tricuspid Valve Incompetence - 23 seconds ago