Cefdinir and Skin abscess - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Skin abscess is reported only by a few people who take Cefdinir.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cefdinir and have Skin abscess. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,423 people who have side effects while taking Cefdinir from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,423 people reported to have side effects when taking Cefdinir.
Among them, 5 people (0.07%) have Skin abscess.
What is Cefdinir?
Cefdinir has active ingredients of cefdinir. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 7,880 Cefdinir users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Skin abscess?
Skin abscess is found to be associated with 1,415 drugs and 922 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cefdinir and Skin abscess reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Skin abscess when taking Cefdinir *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Skin abscess when taking Cefdinir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 66.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cefdinir *:
- Metformin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Vitamin D: 3 people, 60.00%
- Invokana: 3 people, 60.00%
- Novolog: 3 people, 60.00%
- Nystop: 3 people, 60.00%
- Farxiga: 3 people, 60.00%
- Symbicort: 3 people, 60.00%
- Vancomycin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Duoneb: 3 people, 60.00%
- Zofran: 3 people, 60.00%
Common side effects people have besides Skin abscess *:
- Perirectal Abscess: 3 people, 60.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 60.00%
- Abscess (pus): 3 people, 60.00%
- Abscess Limb (limb infection): 3 people, 60.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 3 people, 60.00%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 3 people, 60.00%
- Vulval Abscess: 2 people, 40.00%
- Necrotising Fasciitis (an uncommon life-threatening soft-tissue infection): 2 people, 40.00%
- Escherichia Sepsis (bacterial infection by escherichia coli): 2 people, 40.00%
- Perineal Abscess: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 60.00%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 60.00%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fungal Skin Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Asthma: 1 person, 20.00%
- Candidiasis (candidiasis or thrush is a fungal infection): 1 person, 20.00%
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (long lasting pain condition most often affecting one of the limbs (arms, legs, hands, or feet)): 1 person, 20.00%
- Constipation: 1 person, 20.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 20.00%
- Dry Mouth: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cefdinir and have Skin abscess?Check whether Skin abscess is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Skin abscess and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cefdinir:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cefdinir:
- Cefdinir (7,880 reports)
Common Cefdinir side effects:
Browse all side effects of Cefdinir:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Skin abscess treatments and more:
- Skin abscess (5,845 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Skin abscess:
- Skin abscess in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Skin abscess in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Skin abscess in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Skin abscess:
All the drugs that are associated with Skin abscess:
- Skin abscess (1,415 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Skin abscess:
All the conditions that are associated with Skin abscess:
- Skin abscess (922 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cefdinir (the active ingredients of Cefdinir) and Cefdinir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Januvia and Suspiciousness - 9 seconds ago
- Toradol and Albuterol drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Etodolac and Tylenol W/ Codeine drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Propranolol Hydrochloride vs. Fish Oil - 27 seconds ago
- Back Pain and Cough - 38 seconds ago
- Agrylin vs. Aspirin - a minute ago
- Liver Transplant and Renal Impairment - a minute ago
- Allopurinol and Hip Fracture - 2 minutes ago
- Sexual Intercourse - Painful and drugs of ingredients of apixaban - 2 minutes ago
- Sensipar and Pepcid drug interaction - 2 minutes ago