Ceftazidime and Ototoxicity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ototoxicity is found among people who take Ceftazidime, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ceftazidime and have Ototoxicity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,851 people who have side effects when taking Ceftazidime from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,851 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftazidime.
Among them, 16 people (0.18%) have Ototoxicity.
What is Ceftazidime?
Ceftazidime has active ingredients of ceftazidime. eHealthMe is studying from 8,033 Ceftazidime users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ototoxicity?
Ototoxicity (damage to the ear) is found to be associated with 598 drugs and 336 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ceftazidime and Ototoxicity reports submitted per year:
Time on Ceftazidime when people have Ototoxicity *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Ceftazidime *:
- female: 68.75 %
- male: 31.25 %
Age of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Ceftazidime *:
- 0-1: 6.25 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.25 %
- 20-29: 12.5 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50.0 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ceftazidime *:
- Vancomycin: 7 people, 43.75%
- Gentamicin: 5 people, 31.25%
- Gabapentin: 3 people, 18.75%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 2 people, 12.50%
- Buprenorphine: 2 people, 12.50%
- Clopidogrel: 2 people, 12.50%
- Etodolac: 2 people, 12.50%
- Fentanyl-100: 2 people, 12.50%
- Furosemide: 2 people, 12.50%
- Adalat: 2 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Ototoxicity *:
- Dizziness: 6 people, 37.50%
- Hypoacusis (loss of hearing): 2 people, 12.50%
- Deafness Neurosensory: 2 people, 12.50%
- Vestibular Disorder (disorders of the body's balance (vestibular) system in the inner ear): 1 person, 6.25%
- Small Intestinal Obstruction (blockage in small intestine): 1 person, 6.25%
- Renal Tubular Necrosis (death of kidney tubules): 1 person, 6.25%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 1 person, 6.25%
- Overdose: 1 person, 6.25%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1 person, 6.25%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 1 person, 6.25%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 2 people, 12.50%
- Arterial Disorder: 2 people, 12.50%
- Pseudomonas Infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa): 1 person, 6.25%
- Lung Disorder (lung disease): 1 person, 6.25%
- Cystic Fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands): 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ceftazidime and have Ototoxicity?Check whether Ototoxicity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chen F, Zhan Z, "Severe drug-induced immune haemolytic anaemia due to ceftazidime", Blood Transfusion, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Ototoxicity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ceftazidime:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ceftazidime:
- Ceftazidime (8,033 reports)
Common Ceftazidime side effects:
Browse all side effects of Ceftazidime:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ototoxicity treatments and more:
- Ototoxicity (1,631 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ototoxicity:
All the drugs that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (598 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (336 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ceftazidime (the active ingredients of Ceftazidime) and Ceftazidime (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Somavert and Pancreatitis Acute - 3 seconds ago
- Vitamin D2 and Rheumatoid Arthritis Aggravated - 3 seconds ago
- Beta-Val and Gabapentin drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Captopril and Allergic Myocarditis - 5 seconds ago
- Metastases To Kidney and Clostridium Difficile Colitis - 6 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Metipranolol drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Zocor and Brain Contusion - 13 seconds ago
- Glioblastoma Multiforme and B Precursor Type Acute Leukaemia - 17 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Serratia Sepsis - 20 seconds ago
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Hypovolaemia - 21 seconds ago