Ceftriaxone and Diverticulitis - from FDA reports
Diverticulitis is found among people who take Ceftriaxone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluconazole, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diverticulitis with Ceftriaxone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,898 people who have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 13, 2017
12,898 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone.
Among them, 20 people (0.16%) have Diverticulitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Diverticulitis *:
- < 1 month: 88.89 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Central Nervous System (3 people, 15.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 15.00%)
- Primary Myelofibrosis (2 people, 10.00%)
- Constipation (2 people, 10.00%)
- Cholecystitis (2 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (5 people, 25.00%)
- Fluconazole (5 people, 25.00%)
- Bactrim Ds (4 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisone (3 people, 15.00%)
- Casodex (3 people, 15.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (6 people, 30.00%)
- Thrombocytopenia (5 people, 25.00%)
- Fever (5 people, 25.00%)
- Heart Attack (4 people, 20.00%)
- Abdominal Pain (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diverticulitis when taking Ceftriaxone?
- Check symptoms - is diverticulitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiverticulitis and drugs with ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiverticulitis and Ceftriaxone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in typhoid fever. (latest outcomes from Ceftriaxone 12,989 users)
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 16,263 Diverticulitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Ceftriaxonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
Could your condition cause DiverticulitisDiverticulitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...
User reviews to the study
I am mortified that I'm having so many issues. My Colon is riddled with diverticulitis and I believe it's due to immitrex. MY migraines are pain level 10 lasting 5 day so I had no choice but to load up on the meds. Now I'm in Agony with my stomach. I'm feeling so down right now.
I was on nuvigil for about two years with prior episodes of diverticulitis. I've been off nuvigil for several months and was recently hospitalized for seven days. Immediately, the docs were pushing for surgery. I'm going on about 2-3 weeks for a second opinion. I started my nuvigil today and ...