Ceftriaxone and Eosinophilia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 37,841 people who have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone. Eosinophilia is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Singulair and have Asthma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ceftriaxone and have Eosinophilia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
37,841 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone.
Among them, 566 people (1.5%) have Eosinophilia.
What is Ceftriaxone?
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is used in typhoid fever. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 37,958 Ceftriaxone users.
What is Eosinophilia?
Eosinophilia (eosinophil count in the peripheral blood exceeds) is found to be associated with 1,644 drugs and 1,350 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 19,082 people who have Eosinophilia.
Number of Ceftriaxone and Eosinophilia reports submitted per year:
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Eosinophilia *:
Gender of people who have Eosinophilia when taking Ceftriaxone*:
Age of people who have Eosinophilia when taking Ceftriaxone *:
Common drugs people take besides Ceftriaxone *:
Common side effects people have besides Eosinophilia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ceftriaxone and have Eosinophilia?Check whether Eosinophilia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Guidelli GM, Tenti S, Fioravanti A, "Severe eosinophilia during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriatic arthritis", Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, 2015 Jan .
- Agrawal SR, Rajput A, Jain AP, "Leukocytoclastic vasculitis and acute allergic interstitial nephritis following ceftriaxone exposure", Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 2014 Jan .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
Ceftriaxone side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Ceftriaxone side effects (37,958 reports)
Eosinophilia treatments and more:
- Eosinophilia (19,082 reports)
Common drugs associated with Eosinophilia:
- Prednisone: 1,403 reports
- Pantoprazole: 1,212 reports
- Singulair: 1,024 reports
- Allopurinol: 905 reports
- Furosemide: 878 reports
- Aspirin: 745 reports
- Symbicort: 630 reports
- Nucala: 612 reports
- Omeprazole: 607 reports
- Spiriva: 572 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Eosinophilia:
- Eosinophilia (1,644 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Eosinophilia:
- Asthma: 1,124 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,009 reports
- Schizophrenia: 735 reports
- Pain: 453 reports
- Epilepsy: 408 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Eosinophilia:
- Eosinophilia (1,350 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ceftriaxone sodium (the active ingredients of Ceftriaxone) and Ceftriaxone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nesina and Back Pain Aggravated - 6 seconds ago
- Memantine and Hydromorphone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Penicillin G Sodium and Itching - 10 seconds ago
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Pulmonary Congestion - 13 seconds ago
- Tracleer and Theo-Dur drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Climara and Scar - 16 seconds ago
- Humulin 70/30 and Endometrial Cancer - 20 seconds ago
- Fentanyl Citrate and Spinal Fracture - 22 seconds ago
- Vitamin D and Kyphosis - 23 seconds ago
- Nexium 24Hr and Disease Recurrence - 45 seconds ago