Ceftriaxone and Lung hyperinflation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lung hyperinflation is reported only by a few people who take Ceftriaxone.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ceftriaxone and have Lung hyperinflation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,453 people who have side effects while taking Ceftriaxone from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33,453 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Lung hyperinflation.
What is Ceftriaxone?
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is often used in typhoid fever. eHealthMe is studying from 33,561 Ceftriaxone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lung hyperinflation?
Lung hyperinflation (inspiration of more than normal) is found to be associated with 552 drugs and 248 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ceftriaxone and Lung hyperinflation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Lung hyperinflation when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Lung hyperinflation when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 100 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ceftriaxone *:
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 100.00%
- Xolair: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vincristine Sulfate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vancomycin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Solu-Medrol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Singulair: 1 person, 50.00%
- Septra: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 50.00%
- Mercaptopurine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lovenox: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Lung hyperinflation *:
- Urosepsis (secondary infection that occurs when a urinary tract infection spreads to the bloodstream): 1 person, 50.00%
- Sinus Tachycardia (a heart rhythm with elevated rate of impulses originating from the sinoatrial node): 1 person, 50.00%
- Aspergillus Test Positive: 1 person, 50.00%
- Asthma: 1 person, 50.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Bacteraemia (presence of bacteria in the blood): 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Pressure Diastolic Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Pressure Systolic Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Asthma: 1 person, 50.00%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ceftriaxone and have Lung hyperinflation?Check whether Lung hyperinflation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal SR, Rajput A, Jain AP, "Leukocytoclastic vasculitis and acute allergic interstitial nephritis following ceftriaxone exposure", Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Lung hyperinflation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ceftriaxone:
- Ceftriaxone (33,561 reports)
Common Ceftriaxone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Ceftriaxone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lung hyperinflation treatments and more:
- Lung hyperinflation (1,304 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lung hyperinflation:
- Lung hyperinflation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lung hyperinflation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lung hyperinflation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Lung hyperinflation:
- Advair hfa: 108 reports
- Aredia: 114 reports
- Aspirin: 120 reports
- Prednisone: 353 reports
- Singulair: 159 reports
- Spiriva: 191 reports
- Symbicort: 167 reports
- Zometa: 148 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Lung hyperinflation:
- Lung hyperinflation (552 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lung hyperinflation:
All the conditions that are associated with Lung hyperinflation:
- Lung hyperinflation (248 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ceftriaxone sodium (the active ingredients of Ceftriaxone) and Ceftriaxone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Actos and Skin Discoloration - 3 seconds ago
- Voltaren and Quetiapine Fumarate drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Lenvima and Loraz drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Advair Diskus 100/50 and Cerebellar Infarction - 19 seconds ago
- Cymbalta and Skin Tightness - 29 seconds ago
- Biotin and Blood Folate Decreased - 37 seconds ago
- Zyloprim and Constipation - 38 seconds ago
- Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Pravastatin Sodium - a minute ago
- Lopurin and Vascular Rupture - a minute ago
- Miconazole 3 Combination Pack and Itching - a minute ago