Ceftriaxone and Zits - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 33,453 people who have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone. Zits is found, especially among people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Lasix and have Lupus nephritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ceftriaxone and have Zits. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33,453 people reported to have side effects when taking Ceftriaxone.
Among them, 16 people (0.05%) have Zits.
What is Ceftriaxone?
Ceftriaxone has active ingredients of ceftriaxone sodium. It is used in typhoid fever. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 37,958 Ceftriaxone users.
What is Zits?
Zits (pimple/small skin inflammations or lesions/acne) is found to be associated with 2,804 drugs and 2,245 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 173,241 people who have Zits.
Number of Ceftriaxone and Zits reports submitted per year:
Time on Ceftriaxone when people have Zits *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Zits when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Zits when taking Ceftriaxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 16.67 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 41.67 %
- 60+: 8.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Ceftriaxone *:
- Lasix: 5 people, 31.25%
- Pegasys: 4 people, 25.00%
- Rocephin: 4 people, 25.00%
- Emtricitabine: 4 people, 25.00%
- Cellcept: 4 people, 25.00%
- Lipidil: 4 people, 25.00%
- Lipitor: 4 people, 25.00%
- Zetia: 4 people, 25.00%
- Medrol: 4 people, 25.00%
- Decadron: 4 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Zits *:
- Fever: 5 people, 31.25%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 31.25%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 31.25%
- Rashes (redness): 5 people, 31.25%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 4 people, 25.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 4 people, 25.00%
- Pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx, causing a sore throat): 4 people, 25.00%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 4 people, 25.00%
- Pneumonia: 4 people, 25.00%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 4 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 25.00%
- Hiv Infection: 4 people, 25.00%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 4 people, 25.00%
- Lupus Nephritis (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may affect kidney tissue): 4 people, 25.00%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 3 people, 18.75%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 3 people, 18.75%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 18.75%
- Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix): 3 people, 18.75%
- Itching: 3 people, 18.75%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 3 people, 18.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ceftriaxone and have Zits?Check whether Zits is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal SR, Rajput A, Jain AP, "Leukocytoclastic vasculitis and acute allergic interstitial nephritis following ceftriaxone exposure", Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 2014 Jan .
Ceftriaxone side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Ceftriaxone side effects (37,958 reports)
Zits treatments and more:
- Zits (173,241 reports)
Common drugs associated with Zits:
- Adapalene: 38,089 reports
- Green tea: 16,709 reports
- Prednisone: 2,317 reports
- Mirena: 1,867 reports
- Humira: 1,786 reports
- Enbrel: 1,599 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,356 reports
- Vitamins: 1,267 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,138 reports
- Vitamin d: 1,093 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Zits:
- Zits (2,804 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Zits:
- Acne: 25,066 reports
- Birth control: 2,621 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,294 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,845 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Zits:
- Zits (2,245 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ceftriaxone sodium (the active ingredients of Ceftriaxone) and Ceftriaxone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atracurium Besylate and Atropine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Elavil and Kidney Stones - 28 seconds ago
- Allegra and Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding - 35 seconds ago
- Byetta and Ambien drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Crestor and Renal Tubular Necrosis - a minute ago
- Hizentra and Urticaria - a minute ago
- Rituxan and Restoril drug interaction - a minute ago
- Doxycycline and Ranolazine drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Ozempic and Insulin Resistance - 2 minutes ago
- Flovent Hfa and Daliresp drug interaction - 2 minutes ago