Cefuroxime axetil and Ototoxicity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ototoxicity is reported only by a few people who take Cefuroxime Axetil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cefuroxime axetil and have Ototoxicity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,148 people who have side effects while taking Cefuroxime axetil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,148 people reported to have side effects when taking Cefuroxime axetil.
Among them, 1 person (0.03%) has Ototoxicity.
What is Cefuroxime axetil?
Cefuroxime axetil has active ingredients of cefuroxime axetil. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 2,868 Cefuroxime axetil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ototoxicity?
Ototoxicity (damage to the ear) is found to be associated with 599 drugs and 337 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cefuroxime axetil and Ototoxicity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Cefuroxime axetil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cefuroxime axetil *:
- Vicoprofen: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lansoprazole: 1 person, 100.00%
- Buspirone Hcl: 1 person, 100.00%
- Cefadroxil: 1 person, 100.00%
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate: 1 person, 100.00%
- Diazepam: 1 person, 100.00%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 100.00%
- Fentanyl Citrate: 1 person, 100.00%
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride: 1 person, 100.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Ototoxicity *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Dislocation (a joint position is changed from normal position): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypovolaemic Shock (shock caused by severe blood or fluid loss): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypersplenism Acquired (enlarged spleen and a decrease in one or more types of blood cells): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (chronic liver disease characterized by replacement of liver tissue by fibrosis, scar tissue): 1 person, 100.00%
- Haematemesis (vomiting of blood): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cervicobrachial Syndrome (pain in neck and arm with changing location): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cefuroxime axetil and have Ototoxicity?Check whether Ototoxicity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sahoo HB, Rath B, Behera JP, Moharana CS, "Cefuroxime axetil associated oral eruption: A case report", Apollo Medicine, 2016 Jun .
How severe was Ototoxicity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cefuroxime axetil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cefuroxime axetil:
- Cefuroxime axetil (2,868 reports)
Common Cefuroxime axetil side effects:
Browse all side effects of Cefuroxime axetil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ototoxicity treatments and more:
- Ototoxicity (1,631 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ototoxicity:
All the drugs that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (599 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (337 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cefuroxime axetil (the active ingredients of Cefuroxime axetil) and Cefuroxime axetil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Marijuana and Renal Injury - now
- Schizophrenia and drugs of ingredients of escitalopram oxalate - 3 seconds ago
- Tacrolimus and Lymphatic Obstruction - 5 seconds ago
- Rebif and Retinitis - 12 seconds ago
- Ribavirin and Eye Inflammation - 16 seconds ago
- Hepatotoxicity Aggravated and drugs of ingredients of finasteride - 16 seconds ago
- Osteoporosis and Lung Neoplasm - 18 seconds ago
- Inderal and Renal Failure Chronic - 25 seconds ago
- Relpax and Blood Pressure Systolic Increased - 25 seconds ago
- Gastrointestinal Ulcer and Fall - 30 seconds ago