Cefzil and Acidosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Acidosis is found among people who take Cefzil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cefzil and have Acidosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,057 people who have side effects when taking Cefzil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,057 people reported to have side effects when taking Cefzil.
Among them, 11 people (1.04%) have Acidosis.
What is Cefzil?
Cefzil has active ingredients of cefprozil. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 1,073 Cefzil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Acidosis?
Acidosis (build-up of carbon dioxide in the blood) is found to be associated with 1,540 drugs and 954 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cefzil and Acidosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acidosis when taking Cefzil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Acidosis when taking Cefzil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Cefzil *:
- Levaquin: 10 people, 90.91%
- Lopid: 10 people, 90.91%
- Albuterol: 10 people, 90.91%
- Clarinex: 10 people, 90.91%
- Folic Acid: 10 people, 90.91%
- Ketek: 10 people, 90.91%
- Lasix: 10 people, 90.91%
- Lipitor: 10 people, 90.91%
- Accolate: 10 people, 90.91%
- Paxil: 10 people, 90.91%
Common side effects people have besides Acidosis *:
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 11 people, 100.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 11 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 11 people, 100.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 11 people, 100.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 11 people, 100.00%
- Gastrointestinal Necrosis (destruction of gastrointestinal organ): 10 people, 90.91%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 10 people, 90.91%
- Intestinal Resection: 10 people, 90.91%
- Impaired Healing: 10 people, 90.91%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 10 people, 90.91%
Common conditions people have *:
- Shock (a life-threatening condition with symptoms like low blood pressure, weakness, shallow breathing, cold, clammy skin): 10 people, 90.91%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 10 people, 90.91%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 10 people, 90.91%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 1 person, 9.09%
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (viral disease of respiratory system): 1 person, 9.09%
- Fever: 1 person, 9.09%
- Abdominal Pain: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cefzil and have Acidosis?Check whether Acidosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Acidosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cefprozil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cefzil:
- Cefzil (1,073 reports)
Acidosis treatments and more:
- Acidosis (8,214 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Acidosis:
- Acidosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Acidosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Acidosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Acidosis:
All the drugs that are associated with Acidosis:
- Acidosis (1,540 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acidosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Acidosis:
- Acidosis (954 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cefprozil (the active ingredients of Cefzil) and Cefzil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cogentin and Injection Site Infection - a second ago
- Terbutaline Sulfate and Presbyopia - 6 seconds ago
- Lasix and Multiple Injuries - 16 seconds ago
- Tremor in Viibryd, how severe and when it was recovered? - 16 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Cellulitis Streptococcal - 17 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Dyspnea At Rest - 17 seconds ago
- Ventolin Hfa and Abacavir drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- How effective is Toprol-Xl for Ectopic Heartbeat? - 43 seconds ago
- Lasix and Hypertensive Heart Disease - 44 seconds ago
- Buprenorphine Hydrochloride and C-Reactive Protein Increased - 53 seconds ago