Cefzil and Hepatitis c - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatitis c is reported only by a few people who take Cefzil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cefzil and have Hepatitis c. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,057 people who have side effects while taking Cefzil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,057 people reported to have side effects when taking Cefzil.
Among them, 5 people (0.47%) have Hepatitis c.
What is Cefzil?
Cefzil has active ingredients of cefprozil. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 1,083 Cefzil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatitis c?
Hepatitis c is found to be associated with 1,682 drugs and 940 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cefzil and Hepatitis c reports submitted per year:
Time on Cefzil when people have Hepatitis c *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Cefzil *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Cefzil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 60 %
Common drugs people take besides Cefzil *:
- Zyrtec: 3 people, 60.00%
- Diflucan: 3 people, 60.00%
- Flonase: 3 people, 60.00%
- Levaquin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Neurontin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Allegra: 2 people, 40.00%
- Ativan: 2 people, 40.00%
- Augmentin '125': 2 people, 40.00%
- Celebrex: 2 people, 40.00%
- Celexa: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatitis c *:
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 60.00%
- Weight Loss: 2 people, 40.00%
- Productive Cough: 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 40.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 40.00%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Attack: 2 people, 40.00%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 40.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 40.00%
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 40.00%
- Pain: 2 people, 40.00%
- Infection: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Bacterial Infection: 2 people, 40.00%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 40.00%
- Asthma: 2 people, 40.00%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 20.00%
- Eye Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cefzil and have Hepatitis c?Check whether Hepatitis c is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hepatitis c and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cefprozil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cefzil:
- Cefzil (1,083 reports)
Hepatitis c treatments and more:
- Hepatitis c (129,373 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatitis c in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatitis c in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatitis c:
- Ribavirin: 2,571 reports
- Sovaldi: 963 reports
- Sofosbuvir: 947 reports
- Harvoni: 914 reports
- Oxycontin: 879 reports
- Pegasys: 744 reports
- Prednisone: 569 reports
- Dilaudid: 475 reports
- Clozaril: 467 reports
- Tacrolimus: 435 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c (1,682 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hiv infection: 532 reports
- Pain: 526 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 451 reports
- Schizophrenia: 433 reports
- Liver transplant: 374 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c (940 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cefprozil (the active ingredients of Cefzil) and Cefzil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Vanceril drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Gemcitabine and Procedural Complication - 20 seconds ago
- Pyridostigmine Bromide and Defaecation Urgency - 20 seconds ago
- Macitentan and Hyperkalemia - 21 seconds ago
- Rhinocort Allergy and Quillivant Xr drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Capreomycin Sulfate and Fever - 51 seconds ago
- Zide and Tricuspid Valve Disease - 59 seconds ago
- Norepinephrine Bitartrate and Face Injury - 59 seconds ago
- Halcion and Tranxene drug interaction - a minute ago
- Calcitriol and Electrocardiogram St Segment Elevation - a minute ago