Celebrex and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have Ill-defined disorder. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 106,010 people who have side effects when taking Celebrex from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
106,010 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 1,767 people (1.67%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 22.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.12 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.88 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.75 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 57.82 %
- male: 42.18 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.32 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.64 %
- 20-29: 0.53 %
- 30-39: 5.52 %
- 40-49: 10.4 %
- 50-59: 19.96 %
- 60+: 62.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 150 people, 8.49%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 130 people, 7.36%
- High Blood Pressure: 72 people, 4.07%
- Breast Cancer: 51 people, 2.89%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 50 people, 2.83%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx: 240 people, 13.58%
- Zometa: 181 people, 10.24%
- Bextra: 157 people, 8.89%
- Lasix: 154 people, 8.72%
- Prednisone: 121 people, 6.85%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 233 people, 13.19%
- Breathing Difficulty: 172 people, 9.73%
- Injury: 148 people, 8.38%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 145 people, 8.21%
- Heart Attack: 140 people, 7.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Death while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone:
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 108,955 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 472,046 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,523 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,515 conditions)
Celebrex side effects
- Celebrex side effects (106,050 reports)
Browse all side effects of Celebrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Apoptosis with Ranitidine? - now
- Will you have Derealisation with Plaquenil? - 2 seconds ago
- Dalgan and Blopress drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Ih with Aggrenox? - 4 seconds ago
- Budesonide and Paeonia Paradoxa drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Zetia, Aspirin - an hour ago
- Prediction of Welchol for a 46 year old woman - an hour ago
- Prediction of Eliquis for a 42 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Xigduo Xr, Farxiga for a 66 year old woman - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Fluocinonide, Aleve, Synthroid - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.