Celebrex and Hypertension - from FDA reports
Hypertension is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Hypertension with Celebrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,692 people who have side effects when taking Celebrex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
98,692 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 4,836 people (4.9%) have Hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 21.7 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.53 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.01 %
- 1 - 2 years: 19.53 %
- 2 - 5 years: 19.37 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.35 %
- 10+ years: 2.5 %
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 67.06 %
- male: 32.94 %
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.08 %
- 2-9: 0.03 %
- 10-19: 0.08 %
- 20-29: 1.33 %
- 30-39: 4.41 %
- 40-49: 13.99 %
- 50-59: 25.21 %
- 60+: 54.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (529 people, 10.94%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (231 people, 4.78%)
- Osteoporosis (227 people, 4.69%)
- Joint Pain (216 people, 4.47%)
- Depression (216 people, 4.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (966 people, 19.98%)
- Lipitor (521 people, 10.77%)
- Neurontin (390 people, 8.06%)
- Aspirin (390 people, 8.06%)
- Nexium (381 people, 7.88%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (771 people, 15.94%)
- Chest Pain (720 people, 14.89%)
- Nausea (665 people, 13.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (661 people, 13.67%)
- Dizziness (660 people, 13.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypertension when taking Celebrex?
- Check symptoms - is hypertension caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypertension and drugs with ingredients of celecoxib.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypertension and Celebrex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 101,633 users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 541,355 Hypertension patients).
Browse all side effects of Celebrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypertensionHypertension
Could your condition cause HypertensionHypertension
Related publications that referenced our studies
- AbuRagheif MH, "The electrophysiological recording of the carpal tunnel syndrome exaggerated in the hypertensive patients", Iraq Medical Journal, 2017 Oct .
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
- Guo K, Lin H, Xu B, Yang Z, Wang J, Sun Y, Xu K, "Detecting Potential Adverse Drug Reactions Using Association Rules and Embedding Models", InInternational Symposium on Bioinformatics Research and Applications, 2017 May .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take Meclazine for vertigo from a head injury. Lately it seems I have been having low blood pressure at night and when I take my meclazine for my vertigo it seems to help stabilize my blood pressure. Has Meclazine been know to help those with low blood pressure?
I take Meclazine for vertigo from a head injury. Lately it seems I have been having low blood pressure at night and when I take my meclazine for my vertigo it seems to help stabilize my blood pressure. Has Meclazine been know to help those with blood pressure?
User posts to the study
I've been taking Prolia for 1 3/4 years to manage my osteoporosis. My blood pressure was always well within the normal range. In the last year, I've had an elevated systolic - but not diastolic reading most of the time when I check daily. I take no other medication except over-the-counter ...
I am taking Namenda for about a month as a preventive medication for the migraine. I have hypertension and taking medications for high blood pressure: 240 mg of verapamil and 40 mg of quinapril. Normally my blood pressure is under control. As of Thursday, 12/14/17, I found out that my blood ...