Celebrex and Meningeal disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 143,342 people who have side effects when taking Celebrex. Meningeal disorder is found, especially among people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Lasix and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Celebrex and have Meningeal disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
143,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 13 people (0.01%) have Meningeal disorder.
What is Celebrex?
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is used in arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 146,838 Celebrex users.
What is Meningeal disorder?
Meningeal disorder (disease of meninges) is found to be associated with 373 drugs and 223 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 543 people who have Meningeal disorder.
Number of Celebrex and Meningeal disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Meningeal disorder *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Meningeal disorder when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Meningeal disorder when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 41.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 41.67 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Celebrex *:
- Lasix: 5 people, 38.46%
- Macrodantin: 4 people, 30.77%
- Senna: 4 people, 30.77%
- Fish Oil: 4 people, 30.77%
- Heparin: 4 people, 30.77%
- Colace: 4 people, 30.77%
- Melatonin: 4 people, 30.77%
- Clarinex: 4 people, 30.77%
- Miralax: 4 people, 30.77%
- Naloxone: 4 people, 30.77%
Common side effects people have besides Meningeal disorder *:
- Fever: 10 people, 76.92%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 9 people, 69.23%
- Headache (pain in head): 9 people, 69.23%
- Pain In Extremity: 6 people, 46.15%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 5 people, 38.46%
- Photophobia (extreme sensitivity to light): 5 people, 38.46%
- Fall: 5 people, 38.46%
- Weakness: 5 people, 38.46%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 4 people, 30.77%
- Prostate Cancer: 4 people, 30.77%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 38.46%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 30.77%
- Laxative Supportive Care: 4 people, 30.77%
- Drowsiness: 4 people, 30.77%
- Constipation: 4 people, 30.77%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 7.69%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Celebrex and have Meningeal disorder?Check whether Meningeal disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Celebrex side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Celebrex side effects (146,838 reports)
Meningeal disorder treatments and more:
- Meningeal disorder (543 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Meningeal disorder:
- Meningeal disorder (373 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Meningeal disorder:
- Meningeal disorder (223 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on celecoxib (the active ingredients of Celebrex) and Celebrex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coreg and Gynecomastia - 6 seconds ago
- Pyrimethamine and Alprostadil drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Doxycycline Hyclate drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Imbruvica and Numbness And Tingling - 23 seconds ago
- Duragesic and Cancer - Throat Or Larynx - 24 seconds ago
- Flomax and Catheterisation Cardiac Abnormal - 25 seconds ago
- Phentermine and Hypokalemia - 37 seconds ago
- Lotemax and Tymlos drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Spiriva and Calcium Deficiency - 42 seconds ago
- Imdur and Cromolyn Sodium drug interaction - 47 seconds ago