Cephalexin and Hidradenitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hidradenitis is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cephalexin and have Hidradenitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,314 people who have side effects when taking Cephalexin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
22,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin.
Among them, 27 people (0.12%) have Hidradenitis.
What is Cephalexin?
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. eHealthMe is studying from 23,591 Cephalexin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hidradenitis?
Hidradenitis (chronic disease of a type of sweat gland) is found to be associated with 506 drugs and 259 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cephalexin and Hidradenitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Cephalexin when people have Hidradenitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hidradenitis when taking Cephalexin *:
- female: 70.37 %
- male: 29.63 %
Age of people who have Hidradenitis when taking Cephalexin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.17 %
- 20-29: 4.17 %
- 30-39: 25.0 %
- 40-49: 29.17 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cephalexin *:
- Cymbalta: 12 people, 44.44%
- Ativan: 12 people, 44.44%
- Humira: 10 people, 37.04%
- Doxycycline: 7 people, 25.93%
- Cefazolin: 7 people, 25.93%
- Keflex: 7 people, 25.93%
- Marijuana: 6 people, 22.22%
- Colace: 6 people, 22.22%
- Metoclopramide: 6 people, 22.22%
- Miralax: 6 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Hidradenitis *:
- Abdominal Pain: 7 people, 25.93%
- Chest Pain: 7 people, 25.93%
- Joint Pain: 7 people, 25.93%
- Fever: 7 people, 25.93%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 25.93%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 7 people, 25.93%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 7 people, 25.93%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 7 people, 25.93%
- Neck Pain: 7 people, 25.93%
- Weight Decreased: 7 people, 25.93%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 25.93%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 6 people, 22.22%
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation): 6 people, 22.22%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 6 people, 22.22%
- Breast Cancer: 6 people, 22.22%
- Constipation: 6 people, 22.22%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 6 people, 22.22%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 6 people, 22.22%
- Depression: 6 people, 22.22%
- Abdominal Pain: 6 people, 22.22%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cephalexin and have Hidradenitis?Check whether Hidradenitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cephalexin:
- Cephalexin (23,591 reports)
Hidradenitis treatments and more:
- Hidradenitis (11,003 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hidradenitis:
- Hidradenitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hidradenitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hidradenitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Hidradenitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cephalexin:
Common drugs associated with Hidradenitis:
- Doxycycline: 112 reports
- Enbrel: 107 reports
- Humira: 2,158 reports
- Methotrexate: 163 reports
- Prednisone: 135 reports
- Remicade: 199 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hidradenitis:
- Hidradenitis (506 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hidradenitis:
- Crohn's disease: 379 reports
- Hidradenitis: 140 reports
- Ra: 191 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 191 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hidradenitis:
- Hidradenitis (259 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cephalexin (the active ingredients of Cephalexin) and Cephalexin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Novolin 70/30 and Weakness - 5 seconds ago
- Candesartan Cilexetil And Hydrochlorothiazide and Nasal Congestion - 9 seconds ago
- Angina Unstable and Aortic Arteriosclerosis - 16 seconds ago
- Klor-Con and Diabetic Ketoacidosis - 17 seconds ago
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Neutropenia Aggravated - 31 seconds ago