Cephalexin and Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal - from FDA reports
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal with Cephalexin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,031 people who have side effects when taking Cephalexin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
11,031 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin.
Among them, 50 people (0.45%) have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cephalexin when people have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal when taking Cephalexin *:
- female: 76 %
- male: 24 %
Age of people who have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal when taking Cephalexin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.5 %
- 10-19: 2.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 32.5 %
- 60+: 45.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 12.00%
- Preventive Health Care: 6 people, 12.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 12.00%
- Constipation: 5 people, 10.00%
- Wound Complication: 4 people, 8.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin: 17 people, 34.00%
- Ambien: 16 people, 32.00%
- Lisinopril: 15 people, 30.00%
- Furosemide: 15 people, 30.00%
- Lorazepam: 13 people, 26.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 22 people, 44.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 19 people, 38.00%
- Chest Pain: 19 people, 38.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 18 people, 36.00%
- Weakness: 18 people, 36.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
- You are not alone, connect with people like you
- Subscribe to monitor Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal in Cephalexin
- Become a Care Guide with your experience in Cephalexin and Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 12,234 users)
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal (a motility disorder with symptoms like those of a bowel blockage, but with no physical evidence of blockage or obstruction) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 28,515 Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal patients).
Drugs that are associated with Pseudo-obstruction - intestinalPseudo-obstruction - intestinal (1,155 drugs)
Could your condition cause Pseudo-obstruction - intestinalPseudo-obstruction - intestinal (1,841 conditions)
Cephalexin side effects
- Cephalexin side effects (11,035 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cephalexina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Pseudo-Obstruction - Intestinal
- Support group for people who have Pseudo-Obstruction - Intestinal
- Support group for people who take Cephalexin
You may be interested in these posts
- Very red face but only have 1 1/2 days left of the subscription. Safe to finish?
- Hi I am 18 year old male and I am taking cephalexin antibiotics for my UTI "Urine Tract Infection". I am having symptoms of chills, nausea, and anxiety I was wondering if this is normal :/
- First time login. Taking Cephalexin, 6 UTI since starting Intermittent Catheder process within the last 6 months Burning & incontinence. Seems different than previous 5
- I am a 57 year old male, very active. I underwent routine cholecystectomy (gallbladder surgery), and was prescribed Cephalexin by my surgeon. Within two days of taking the medicine, I began to experience significant pain in both of my calves when I tried to walk. I didn’t know it was muscle...
- I am suffering from ileus since March 2018 a constant abdominal pain I don't wan't to eat , I lost a lot of weight . I feel a rope tighting my stomach is so painful . I had ti go to hospital I am still here since April 10th - through today June 5th .
- Will you have Oestrogen Receptor Assay Positive with Avonex?
- How effective is Rocephin for Borreliosis?
- How effective is Rocephin for Lyme Disease?
- Will you have Ileitis Aggravated with Albuterol?
- What to expect when you take Remicade and have Oral Herpes?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Avonex and have Oestrogen Receptor Assay Positive?
- Support group for people who take Albuterol and have Ileitis Aggravated?
- Support group for people who take Innohep and have Loss Of Appetite?
- Support group for people who take Bisacodyl and have High Blood Pressure?
- Support group for people who take Celebrex and have Radiculopathy?
- Hi,I am 61 and found that Paxil,hydroxyzine,and Buspar were not controlling my anxiety.My physician...
- I have been diagnosed with Erethema Multiforme and I’m certain that it’s EM Major because I’ve had...
- I took Bactrim for eight days but thought it was the sinus infection that was making me nauseated...
- Hello My name is Lilly. My Mom is 81 has been on Metformin for years. She has low platlets,...
- Hi my name is devonte and I'm struggling with addiction because my schizo affective disorder is...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.