Cephalexin and Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal - from FDA reports
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,118 people who have side effects when taking Cephalexin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
13,118 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin.
Among them, 54 people (0.41%) have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cephalexin when people have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal when taking Cephalexin *:
- female: 75.47 %
- male: 24.53 %
Age of people who have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal when taking Cephalexin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.38 %
- 10-19: 2.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 8 people, 14.81%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 11.11%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 11.11%
- Constipation: 5 people, 9.26%
- Wound Complication: 4 people, 7.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Digoxin: 17 people, 31.48%
- Ambien: 16 people, 29.63%
- Furosemide: 15 people, 27.78%
- Lisinopril: 15 people, 27.78%
- Lorazepam: 13 people, 24.07%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 22 people, 40.74%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 19 people, 35.19%
- Stress And Anxiety: 19 people, 35.19%
- Chest Pain: 19 people, 35.19%
- Weakness: 18 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal while taking Cephalexin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
- Subscribe to monitor Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal in Cephalexin
You are not alone:
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 14,321 users)
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal
Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal (a motility disorder with symptoms like those of a bowel blockage, but with no physical evidence of blockage or obstruction) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 33,521 Pseudo-obstruction - intestinal patients).
Drugs that are associated with Pseudo-obstruction - intestinalPseudo-obstruction - intestinal (2,125 drugs)
Could your condition cause Pseudo-obstruction - intestinalPseudo-obstruction - intestinal (1,849 conditions)
Cephalexin side effects
- Cephalexin side effects (13,122 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cephalexina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Agrawal A, Rao M, Jasdanwala S, Mathur A, Eng M, "Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice", Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2014 Aug .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Disulfiram and Aspirin drug interaction - now
- What to expect when you take Flecainide Acetate and have Headache? - a second ago
- Depo-Provera and Wall Ginger drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Withdrawal Syndrome with Klonopin? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Facial Pain with Yolk Sac Tumor Site Unspecified? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Magnesium Citrate - 13 minutes ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Atorvastatin Calcium - 14 minutes ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Sudafed, Zyrtec - an hour ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Zantac 150 - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.