Who have Adverse reaction with Chantix - from FDA reports
Adverse reaction is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Motrin, and have Diabetes. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,342 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
79,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 56 people (0.07%) have Adverse reaction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Adverse reaction *:
- < 1 month: 4.35 %
- 1 - 6 months: 86.96 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.35 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.35 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Adverse reaction when taking Chantix *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Adverse reaction when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 23.81 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 9.52 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 36 people, 64.29%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 36 people, 64.29%
- Diabetes: 36 people, 64.29%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 32 people, 57.14%
- Pain: 17 people, 30.36%
- Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily): 1 person, 1.79%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 1.79%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 1.79%
- Herpes Simplex (herpes simplex is a common viral infection): 1 person, 1.79%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 1.79%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zocor: 37 people, 66.07%
- Motrin: 37 people, 66.07%
- Zyprexa: 36 people, 64.29%
- Simvastatin: 36 people, 64.29%
- Cogentin: 36 people, 64.29%
- Haldol: 36 people, 64.29%
- Coffee: 36 people, 64.29%
- Mirtazapine: 36 people, 64.29%
- Prilosec: 36 people, 64.29%
- Darvocet: 36 people, 64.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 43 people, 76.79%
- Weight Decreased: 42 people, 75.00%
- Abnormal Behavior: 42 people, 75.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 41 people, 73.21%
- Irritability: 41 people, 73.21%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 41 people, 73.21%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 40 people, 71.43%
- Abnormal Dreams: 40 people, 71.43%
- Sleep Walking (walking during sleep): 40 people, 71.43%
- Depression: 40 people, 71.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Adverse reaction while taking Chantix?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Adverse reaction
- Subscribe to monitor Adverse reaction in Chantix
You are not alone:
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 81,345 users)
Adverse reaction has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 7,426 Adverse reaction patients).
Drugs that are associated with Adverse reactionAdverse reaction (597 drugs)
Could your condition cause Adverse reactionAdverse reaction (391 conditions)
Chantix side effects
- Chantix side effects (79,346 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Painful Ejaculation with Forteo? - now
- Will you have Sopor with Allopurinol? - now
- Lamictal and Mucomyst drug interaction - now
- Will you have Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance with Lamictal? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Bananas And Upset Stomach with Levothyroxine Sodium? - 4 seconds ago
- Pine Needle Oil and Dioscorea Dumetorum drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Histamine Intolerance with Lyrica? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Ultrasound Scan Vagina Abnormal with Plan B? - 7 seconds ago
- Ismo and Tagar drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Cardiac Failure with Tracrium? - 9 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Enbrel - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Lyrica - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Amlodipine Besylate; Benazepril Hydrochloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Tylenol, Azithromycin - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Levonorgestrel;ethinyl;estradiol;ethinyl;estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- Prediction of Desogestrel; Ethinylestradiol; Ethinyl Estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- Prediction of Crestor for a 70 year old man - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Vivitrol - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Glimepiride, Tramadol - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.