Chantix and Aneurysm - from FDA reports
Aneurysm is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Aneurysm with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,614 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 27, 2017
75,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 34 people (0.04%) have Aneurysm
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Aneurysm *:
- < 1 month: 57.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.57 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aneurysm when taking Chantix *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Aneurysm when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5 %
- 40-49: 5 %
- 50-59: 30 %
- 60+: 60 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (7 people, 20.59%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 17.65%)
- Pain (3 people, 8.82%)
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 5.88%)
- Depression (2 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (6 people, 17.65%)
- Zometa (5 people, 14.71%)
- Oxycontin (5 people, 14.71%)
- Lexapro (5 people, 14.71%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 14.71%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (10 people, 29.41%)
- Depression (10 people, 29.41%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 26.47%)
- Memory Loss (8 people, 23.53%)
- Chest Pain (7 people, 20.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Aneurysm when taking Chantix?
- Check symptoms - is aneurysm caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAneurysm and drugs with ingredients of varenicline tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAneurysm and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,607 users)
Aneurysm (enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, pain (latest reports from 3,732 Aneurysm patients).
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AneurysmAneurysm
Could your condition cause AneurysmAneurysm
What would happen?
Questions to the study
On day 12 of chantix and dreams are more than I can take. Not monsters or ghosts, but my worst fears coming to life losing a child or my husband or parents etc in horrid ways. Dreams so real I wake up bawling and screaming. I remember every detail for days and it put me in a depressed fog. ...
I have been on Methadone and oxycodone for years now for pain management. I was at a stop light on my motorcycle when I was rear ended by a drunk driver doing 45 MPH when she connected with me. I lost everything that day. I lost my business, my home, my wife and all the people I thought were ...
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.