Will you have Factitious disorder with Chantix - from FDA reports
Factitious disorder is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old also take medication Betaseron, and have Birth control. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,342 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on varenicline tartrate (the active ingredients of Chantix) and Chantix (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Factitious disorder are also considered in the study.
What is Chantix?
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 81,345 users)
What is Factitious disorder?
Factitious disorder (a person acts as if he or she has a physical or mental illness when he is not really sick) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, birth control, hereditary angioedema, pain (latest reports from 129 Factitious disorder patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
79,342 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Factitious disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Factitious disorder when taking Chantix *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Factitious disorder when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 6 people, 100.00%
- Birth Control: 6 people, 100.00%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 2 people, 33.33%
- Depression: 2 people, 33.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Betaseron: 6 people, 100.00%
- Lo/ovral: 5 people, 83.33%
- Wellbutrin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Trileptal: 2 people, 33.33%
- Neurontin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Claritin: 2 people, 33.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 100.00%
- Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age): 6 people, 100.00%
- Abnormal Dreams: 6 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 83.33%
- Menstruation Irregular: 5 people, 83.33%
- Menstruation Delayed (late menstruation cycle): 5 people, 83.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 83.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 83.33%
- Weight Increased: 4 people, 66.67%
- Anger: 3 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Factitious disorder while taking Chantix?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Factitious disorder
- Subscribe to monitor Factitious disorder in Chantix
- Subscribe to monitor Chantix
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Chantix and have Factitious disorder
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Factitious disorderFactitious disorder (231 drugs)
Could your condition cause Factitious disorderFactitious disorder (160 conditions)
Chantix side effects
- Chantix side effects (79,346 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Chantix with similar drugs
- Chantix vs. Bupropion hydrochloride
- Chantix vs. Nicoderm cq
- Chantix vs. Nicorette
- Chantix vs. Nicotine
- Chantix vs. Nicotine polacrilex
- Chantix vs. Varenicline
- Chantix vs. Wellbutrin
- Chantix vs. Wellbutrin sr
- Chantix vs. Wellbutrin xl
- Chantix vs. Zyban
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Purple Willow-Herb and Hachiya Persimmon drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Carotidynia with Add? - a second ago
- Magnesium Citrate and N - Acetyl Cysteine drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Gait Abnormalities with Avelox? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Katayama Fever with Inositol Hexaphosphate? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Sace with Flumazenil? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Macular Scar with Zonegran? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Memory Loss with Fetzima? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Temporal Memory Loss with Fetzima? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Sudden Memory Loss with Fetzima? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 5 year old boy who takes Strattera - 57 minutes ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Risperidone - an hour ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Losartan - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Augmentin '875' - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Myrbetriq - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Xarelto - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Clonidine, Bystolic, Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Phenytoin, Vitamin D3, Inderal, Vitamin B12, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Keppra - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Apple Cider Vinegar, Fish Oil - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.