Chantix and Indigestion - from FDA reports
Indigestion is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Indigestion with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,614 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 01, 2017
75,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 735 people (0.97%) have Indigestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Indigestion *:
- < 1 month: 62.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.18 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.8 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.88 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Chantix *:
- female: 75.07 %
- male: 24.93 %
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.22 %
- 20-29: 4.19 %
- 30-39: 9.69 %
- 40-49: 21.37 %
- 50-59: 28.85 %
- 60+: 35.68 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (44 people, 5.99%)
- High Blood Pressure (38 people, 5.17%)
- Multiple Myeloma (32 people, 4.35%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (27 people, 3.67%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (23 people, 3.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Albuterol (76 people, 10.34%)
- Nexium (68 people, 9.25%)
- Spiriva (66 people, 8.98%)
- Zoloft (54 people, 7.35%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (54 people, 7.35%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (315 people, 42.86%)
- Stress And Anxiety (133 people, 18.10%)
- Fatigue (108 people, 14.69%)
- Flatulence (107 people, 14.56%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (106 people, 14.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Indigestion when taking Chantix?
- Check symptoms - is indigestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIndigestion and drugs with ingredients of varenicline tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIndigestion and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,607 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 86,783 Indigestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IndigestionIndigestion
Could your condition cause IndigestionIndigestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
On day 12 of chantix and dreams are more than I can take. Not monsters or ghosts, but my worst fears coming to life losing a child or my husband or parents etc in horrid ways. Dreams so real I wake up bawling and screaming. I remember every detail for days and it put me in a depressed fog. ...
I have been on Methadone and oxycodone for years now for pain management. I was at a stop light on my motorcycle when I was rear ended by a drunk driver doing 45 MPH when she connected with me. I lost everything that day. I lost my business, my home, my wife and all the people I thought were ...
User reviews to the study
I am 75 and have started experiencing bronchospasm following dyspepsia. I could not catch my breath last night and it is the first time I have felt I would die imminently. I made myself try to relax which was not easy , facing suffocation. Eventually i caught my breath . My husband was out of ...
Hi everyone, I used chantix to quit smoking and make myself healthy, however I got shingles and have been so sick and in pain ever since. I just don't understand , had I known this was a possible side effect of chantix, I would not have taken this drug.