Chantix and Lactase deficiency - from FDA reports
Lactase deficiency is reported only by a few people who take Chantix. We study 78,793 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA. Among them, 4 have Lactase deficiency. Find out below who they are, when they have Lactase deficiency and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
78,793 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Lactase deficiency
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Lactase deficiency *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Lactase deficiency when taking Chantix *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Lactase deficiency when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 75.00%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 3 people, 75.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nicotine: 3 people, 75.00%
- Fosamax: 3 people, 75.00%
- Omega-3 Marine Triglycerides: 2 people, 50.00%
- Omega-3-Acid Ethyl Esters: 1 person, 25.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 4 people, 100.00%
- Yawning (simultaneous inhalation of air and stretching of the eardrums, followed by exhalation of breath): 3 people, 75.00%
- Meniscus Lesion (lesion of a crescent-shaped piece of cartilage between the femur and the tibia): 3 people, 75.00%
- Ligament Disorder (disease of ligament): 3 people, 75.00%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 3 people, 75.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Lactase deficiency while taking Chantix?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Lactase deficiency
- Subscribe to monitor Lactase deficiency in Chantix
You are not alone:
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 80,795 users)
Lactase deficiency (is the inability to digest lactose) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 2,164 Lactase deficiency patients).
Drugs that are associated with Lactase deficiencyLactase deficiency (889 drugs)
Could your condition cause Lactase deficiencyLactase deficiency (723 conditions)
Chantix side effects
- Chantix side effects (78,797 reports)
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Pain In Extremity with Eliquis? - now
- Talc and Zioptan drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hemangioma with Prolia? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Hepatic Lesion with Bactrim Ds? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Gilbert'S Syndrome with Codeine Sulfate? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Doxylamine Succinate - 3 minutes ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Folate, Losartan, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole, Vitamin D, Melatonin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Aspirin - 7 minutes ago
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Amlodipine Besylate, Flexeril - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Isoniazid, Clonazepam, Celexa, Calcium Citrate, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Wellbutrin - 24 minutes ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Eliquis, Lopressor, Nexium 24hr, Symbicort, Cardura, Fluticasone Propionate - 33 minutes ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.