Who have Low blood pressure with Chantix - from FDA reports
Low blood pressure is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Spiriva, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,793 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
78,793 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 538 people (0.68%) have Low blood pressure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Low blood pressure *:
- < 1 month: 41.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 51.02 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.04 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.08 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.36 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Chantix *:
- female: 63.22 %
- male: 36.78 %
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.28 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.69 %
- 30-39: 6.5 %
- 40-49: 19.77 %
- 50-59: 35.31 %
- 60+: 36.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 95 people, 17.66%
- Pain: 65 people, 12.08%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 62 people, 11.52%
- Diabetes: 32 people, 5.95%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 32 people, 5.95%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Spiriva: 75 people, 13.94%
- Plavix: 73 people, 13.57%
- Ambien: 73 people, 13.57%
- Neurontin: 72 people, 13.38%
- Nexium: 69 people, 12.83%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 152 people, 28.25%
- Breathing Difficulty: 130 people, 24.16%
- Stress And Anxiety: 125 people, 23.23%
- Pain: 118 people, 21.93%
- Dizziness: 109 people, 20.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Low blood pressure while taking Chantix?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Low blood pressure
- Subscribe to monitor Low blood pressure in Chantix
You are not alone:
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 80,796 users)
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 193,093 Low blood pressure patients).
Drugs that are associated with Low blood pressureLow blood pressure (3,652 drugs)
Could your condition cause Low blood pressureLow blood pressure (4,162 conditions)
Chantix side effects
- Chantix side effects (78,797 reports)
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Decreased Consciousness with Oxymorphone Hydrochloride? - now
- Will you have Coma with Oxymorphone Hydrochloride? - now
- Will you have Changes In Consciousness with Oxymorphone Hydrochloride? - now
- Will you have Alertness - Decreased with Oxymorphone Hydrochloride? - now
- Will you have Obtunded with Oxymorphone Hydrochloride? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Descovy, Prezcobix - 46 minutes ago
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Lovenox, Fioricet, Provigil - an hour ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Benicar - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Azithromycin, Hydroxyzine - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Lisinopril - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.