Cholestyramine and Pleural fluid - from FDA reports
Pleural fluid is found among people who take Cholestyramine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Pleural fluid with Cholestyramine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,089 people who have side effects when taking Cholestyramine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
3,089 people reported to have side effects when taking Cholestyramine.
Among them, 51 people (1.65%) have Pleural fluid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cholestyramine when people have Pleural fluid *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Cholestyramine *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Cholestyramine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.27 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 15.91 %
- 60+: 81.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (14 people, 27.45%)
- Tuberculosis (6 people, 11.76%)
- Pain (5 people, 9.80%)
- Indigestion (5 people, 9.80%)
- Depression (5 people, 9.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril (19 people, 37.25%)
- Percocet (18 people, 35.29%)
- Aredia (18 people, 35.29%)
- Allopurinol (18 people, 35.29%)
- Flomax (16 people, 31.37%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (27 people, 52.94%)
- Weakness (25 people, 49.02%)
- Breathing Difficulty (23 people, 45.10%)
- Ascites (22 people, 43.14%)
- Pain (20 people, 39.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pleural fluid when taking Cholestyramine?
- Check symptoms - is pleural fluid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPleural fluid and drugs with ingredients of cholestyramine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePleural fluid and Cholestyramine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cholestyramine has active ingredients of cholestyramine. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Cholestyramine 3,228 users)
Pleural fluid has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic myeloid leukaemia, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 50,017 Pleural fluid patients).