Cimetidine and Chronic kidney disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic kidney disease is found among people who take Cimetidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cimetidine and have Chronic kidney disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,352 people who have side effects when taking Cimetidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimetidine.
Among them, 1,035 people (11.07%) have Chronic kidney disease.
What is Cimetidine?
Cimetidine has active ingredients of cimetidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 9,504 Cimetidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic kidney disease?
Chronic kidney disease is found to be associated with 2,482 drugs and 1,209 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cimetidine and Chronic kidney disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Cimetidine when people have Chronic kidney disease *:
Gender of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Cimetidine*:
Age of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Cimetidine *:
Common drugs people take besides Cimetidine *:
Common side effects people have besides Chronic kidney disease *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cimetidine and have Chronic kidney disease?Check whether Chronic kidney disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Aalaei-Andabili, S. H., Umer, M., & Keeley, E. C., "An Adult Woman With Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease and a Diffuse Rash", JAMA cardiology, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Chronic kidney disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cimetidine:
- Chronic kidney disease and drugs with ingredients of cimetidine (2,338 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cimetidine:
- Cimetidine (9,504 reports)
Common Cimetidine side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 1,035 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 589 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 588 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 553 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 527 reports
- Fever: 516 reports
- Pain: 512 reports
- Weakness: 483 reports
Browse all side effects of Cimetidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic kidney disease treatments and more:
- Chronic kidney disease (132,069 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Nexium: 60,817 reports
- Prevacid: 54,179 reports
- Prilosec: 50,470 reports
- Protonix: 41,674 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 32,372 reports
- Prilosec otc: 28,446 reports
- Dexilant: 26,802 reports
- Prevacid 24 hr: 25,131 reports
- Omeprazole: 19,690 reports
- Truvada: 15,734 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (2,482 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 33,556 reports
- Hiv infection: 19,390 reports
- Pain: 12,003 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,782 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,323 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (1,209 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cimetidine (the active ingredients of Cimetidine) and Cimetidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atropine Sulfate and Megestrol Acetate drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Benzonatate and Dexilant drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Gemzar vs. Carboplatin - 34 seconds ago
- Videx and Ciclopirox drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Advil and Diabetic Ketoacidosis - 50 seconds ago
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Glucophage drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Osteoarthritis Aggravated and Stable Angina - 52 seconds ago
- Letairis and Heart Rate Increased - 53 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and L-Glutamine drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Metformin and Synthroid drug interaction - a minute ago