Cimetidine and Fever - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fever is found among people who take Cimetidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cimetidine and have Fever. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,352 people who have side effects when taking Cimetidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimetidine.
Among them, 516 people (5.52%) have Fever.
What is Cimetidine?
Cimetidine has active ingredients of cimetidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 9,504 Cimetidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fever?
Fever is found to be associated with 4,861 drugs and 5,991 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cimetidine and Fever reports submitted per year:
Time on Cimetidine when people have Fever *:
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Cimetidine*:
Age of people who have Fever when taking Cimetidine *:
Common drugs people take besides Cimetidine *:
Common side effects people have besides Fever *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cimetidine and have Fever?Check whether Fever is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schiller D, Maieron A, Sch?fl R, Donnerer J, "Drug fever due to a single dose of pantoprazole", Pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Fever and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cimetidine:
- Fever and drugs with ingredients of cimetidine (893 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cimetidine:
- Cimetidine (9,504 reports)
Common Cimetidine side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 1,035 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 589 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 588 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 553 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 527 reports
- Fever: 516 reports
- Pain: 512 reports
- Weakness: 483 reports
Browse all side effects of Cimetidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fever treatments and more:
- Fever (434,641 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fever:
- Fever in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fever in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fever in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fever:
- Prednisone: 26,713 reports
- Methotrexate: 20,661 reports
- Humira: 18,277 reports
- Enbrel: 13,289 reports
- Aspirin: 12,477 reports
- Omeprazole: 11,534 reports
- Prednisolone: 10,764 reports
- Tylenol: 9,932 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,920 reports
- Pantoprazole: 9,677 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (4,861 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fever:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 23,176 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 17,600 reports
- High blood pressure: 14,574 reports
- Crohn's disease: 10,827 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 10,715 reports
- Pain: 10,593 reports
- Asthma: 7,908 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (5,991 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cimetidine (the active ingredients of Cimetidine) and Cimetidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Librium and Glucose Urine Present - 2 seconds ago
- Flonase and Alocril drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Risperidone and Effexor drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Replavite and Blood Glucose Increased - 45 seconds ago
- Creon and General Physical Health Deterioration - 45 seconds ago
- Nordette-28 and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - 59 seconds ago
- Eltrombopag and Micafungin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Memory Loss and drugs of ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone - a minute ago
- Prolia and Inflammation - a minute ago
- Buscopan and Endocarditis Bacterial - a minute ago