Cimetidine and Zits - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Zits is found among people who take Cimetidine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cimetidine and have Zits. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,352 people who have side effects when taking Cimetidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,352 people reported to have side effects when taking Cimetidine.
Among them, 13 people (0.14%) have Zits.
What is Cimetidine?
Cimetidine has active ingredients of cimetidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 9,504 Cimetidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zits?
Zits (pimple/small skin inflammations or lesions/acne) is found to be associated with 2,794 drugs and 2,232 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cimetidine and Zits reports submitted per year:
Time on Cimetidine when people have Zits *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Zits when taking Cimetidine *:
- female: 46.15 %
- male: 53.85 %
Age of people who have Zits when taking Cimetidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 25.0 %
- 30-39: 25.0 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 8.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Cimetidine *:
- Leucovorin Calcium: 3 people, 23.08%
- Vitamin D: 3 people, 23.08%
- Polaramine: 3 people, 23.08%
- Fluorouracil: 3 people, 23.08%
- Decadron: 3 people, 23.08%
- Erbitux: 3 people, 23.08%
- Oxaliplatin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 23.08%
- Vioxx: 2 people, 15.38%
- Vicodin: 2 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Zits *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 30.77%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 4 people, 30.77%
- Hypomagnesaemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of magnesium in the blood): 3 people, 23.08%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 23.08%
- Headache (pain in head): 3 people, 23.08%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 3 people, 23.08%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 3 people, 23.08%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 23.08%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 15.38%
- Feeling Hot: 2 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rectal Cancer (cancer of rectum): 3 people, 23.08%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 2 people, 15.38%
- Juvenile Arthritis (arthritis-related condition that develops in children or teenagers): 2 people, 15.38%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 1 person, 7.69%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 7.69%
- Acute Bronchitis (acute inflammation of the large bronchi (medium-size airways) in the lungs): 1 person, 7.69%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 7.69%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 7.69%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 7.69%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cimetidine and have Zits?Check whether Zits is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Zits and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cimetidine:
- Zits and drugs with ingredients of cimetidine (46 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cimetidine:
- Cimetidine (9,504 reports)
Common Cimetidine side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 1,035 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 589 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 588 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 553 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 527 reports
- Fever: 516 reports
- Pain: 512 reports
- Weakness: 483 reports
Browse all side effects of Cimetidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Zits treatments and more:
- Zits (164,861 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Zits:
- Zits in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Zits in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Zits in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Zits:
- Adapalene: 37,062 reports
- Green tea: 16,709 reports
- Prednisone: 1,914 reports
- Mirena: 1,856 reports
- Humira: 1,786 reports
- Enbrel: 1,599 reports
- Accutane: 1,500 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,338 reports
- Vitamins: 1,267 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,138 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Zits:
- Zits (2,794 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Zits:
- Acne: 25,066 reports
- Birth control: 2,621 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,294 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,440 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,113 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Zits:
- Zits (2,232 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cimetidine (the active ingredients of Cimetidine) and Cimetidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sumatriptan Succinate and Aortic Arteriosclerosis - 7 seconds ago
- Clexane and C-Reactive Protein Abnormal - 14 seconds ago
- Sodium Alginate and Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy - 14 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Drug Level Fluctuating - 14 seconds ago
- Exforge Hct and Effexor Xr drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Tongue Neoplasm Malignant Stage Unspecified - 22 seconds ago
- Peg-Intron and Abdominal Wall Abscess - 23 seconds ago
- Clopra and Hepatomegaly - 26 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Rhabdomyolysis - 29 seconds ago
- Wixela Inhub and Hypotension - 31 seconds ago