Who have Reflux esophagitis with Cinacalcet hydrochloride - from FDA reports
Reflux esophagitis is found among people who take Cinacalcet hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Renvela, and have Hyperparathyroidism secondary. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,117 people who have side effects when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
1,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride.
Among them, 10 people (0.9%) have Reflux esophagitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cinacalcet hydrochloride when people have Reflux esophagitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 40 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Reflux esophagitis when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Reflux esophagitis when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 55.56 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hyperparathyroidism Secondary (an abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium-secondary): 8 people, 80.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 30.00%
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (anaemia due to kidney disease): 2 people, 20.00%
- Dialysis: 2 people, 20.00%
- Hyperphosphataemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally elevated level of phosphate in the blood): 2 people, 20.00%
- Urination - Excessive Volume: 2 people, 20.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 10.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 10.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 10.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 10.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Renvela: 4 people, 40.00%
- Fosrenol: 3 people, 30.00%
- Lasix: 3 people, 30.00%
- Nexium: 3 people, 30.00%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 20.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 2 people, 20.00%
- Nifedipine: 2 people, 20.00%
- Norvasc: 2 people, 20.00%
- Bisoprolol Fumarate: 2 people, 20.00%
- Zemplar: 2 people, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 3 people, 30.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 30.00%
- Abdominal Discomfort: 2 people, 20.00%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 2 people, 20.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 2 people, 20.00%
- Blood Parathyroid Hormone Increased: 2 people, 20.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 20.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 20.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2 people, 20.00%
- Dry Mouth: 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Reflux esophagitis while taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Reflux esophagitis
- Subscribe to monitor Reflux esophagitis in Cinacalcet hydrochloride
You are not alone:
Cinacalcet hydrochloride has active ingredients of cinacalcet hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Cinacalcet hydrochloride 1,122 users)
Reflux esophagitis (an oesophageal mucosal injury that occurs of gastric contents into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 171,524 Reflux esophagitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Reflux esophagitisReflux esophagitis (2,734 drugs)
Could your condition cause Reflux esophagitisReflux esophagitis (2,258 conditions)
Cinacalcet hydrochloride side effects
- Cinacalcet hydrochloride side effects (1,147 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Cinacalcet hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Ear Infection Fungal with Meclizine? - now
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Cyclophosphamide drug interaction - now
- Glucosamine Kcl and N-Acetyl-Carnosine drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Icp with Androgel? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Cholangitis Sclerosing with Cps? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaginal Fistula with Colon Cancer? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Flea Bite with Albuterol? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Non-Hodgkin'S Lymphoma with Allopurinol Sodium? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin'S with Allopurinol Sodium? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Lymphocytic Lymphoma with Allopurinol Sodium? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Midol for a 22 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 38 year old man who takes Atorvastatin Calcium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Famotidine, Protonix, Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Doxycycline - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Ibrance - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Ativan, Hemp Seed Oil for a 66 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Concerta - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Atenolol - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Celexa - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 4 year old girl who takes Omnicef - 10 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.