Cinacalcet hydrochloride and Reflux esophagitis - from FDA reports
Reflux esophagitis is found among people who take Cinacalcet hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Renvela, and have Hyperparathyroidism secondary. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,117 people who have side effects when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
1,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride.
Among them, 10 people (0.9%) have Reflux esophagitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cinacalcet hydrochloride when people have Reflux esophagitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 40 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Reflux esophagitis when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Reflux esophagitis when taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 55.56 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hyperparathyroidism Secondary (an abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium-secondary): 8 people, 80.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 30.00%
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (anaemia due to kidney disease): 2 people, 20.00%
- Dialysis: 2 people, 20.00%
- Hyperphosphataemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally elevated level of phosphate in the blood): 2 people, 20.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Renvela: 4 people, 40.00%
- Fosrenol: 3 people, 30.00%
- Lasix: 3 people, 30.00%
- Nexium: 3 people, 30.00%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 3 people, 30.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 30.00%
- Abdominal Discomfort: 2 people, 20.00%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 2 people, 20.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 2 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Reflux esophagitis while taking Cinacalcet hydrochloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Reflux esophagitis
- Subscribe to monitor Reflux esophagitis in Cinacalcet hydrochloride
You are not alone:
Cinacalcet hydrochloride has active ingredients of cinacalcet hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Cinacalcet hydrochloride 1,122 users)
Reflux esophagitis (an oesophageal mucosal injury that occurs of gastric contents into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 165,681 Reflux esophagitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Reflux esophagitisReflux esophagitis (2,721 drugs)
Could your condition cause Reflux esophagitisReflux esophagitis (2,255 conditions)
Cinacalcet hydrochloride side effects
- Cinacalcet hydrochloride side effects (1,117 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cinacalcet hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Anal Haemorrhage with Aggression? - now
- Will you have Decreased Immune Responsiveness with Klonopin? - 2 seconds ago
- Indapamide and Moviprep drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Calcium Abnormal with Magnesium Citrate? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Spasms with Ambien? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin - 38 minutes ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Metformin - 47 minutes ago
- Prediction of Losartan, Januvia, Metformin for a 62 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Sildenafil Citrate, Oxycodone - an hour ago
- Prediction of Cialis for a 62 year old man - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.