Cinnamon and Heartburn - from FDA reports
Heartburn is found among people who take Cinnamon, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn with Cinnamon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,741 people who have side effects when taking Cinnamon from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
1,741 people reported to have side effects when taking Cinnamon.
Among them, 25 people (1.44%) have Heartburn
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cinnamon when people have Heartburn *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn when taking Cinnamon *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Cinnamon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 35 %
- 60+: 65 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (9 people, 36.00%)
- Osteopenia (8 people, 32.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 32.00%)
- Dyslipidaemia (8 people, 32.00%)
- Osteoarthritis (7 people, 28.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (14 people, 56.00%)
- Fosamax (9 people, 36.00%)
- Metformin (8 people, 32.00%)
- Calcium (8 people, 32.00%)
- Vitamin D3 (7 people, 28.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (7 people, 28.00%)
- Malaise (5 people, 20.00%)
- Headache (5 people, 20.00%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (4 people, 16.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (4 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heartburn when taking Cinnamon?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn and drugs with ingredients of cassia cinnamon.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn and Cinnamon from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cinnamon has active ingredients of cassia cinnamon. It is often used in hyperglycemia. (latest outcomes from Cinnamon 1,852 users)
Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,266 Heartburn patients).
Browse all side effects of Cinnamona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeartburnHeartburn
Could your condition cause HeartburnHeartburn
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.