Cipro and Breathing difficulty - from FDA reports
Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Breathing difficulty with Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,918 people who have side effects when taking Cipro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
4,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 276 people (5.61%) have Breathing difficulty
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cipro when people have Breathing difficulty *:
- < 1 month: 84.62 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Cipro *:
- female: 54.96 %
- male: 45.04 %
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.65 %
- 20-29: 4.65 %
- 30-39: 8.84 %
- 40-49: 16.28 %
- 50-59: 22.33 %
- 60+: 43.26 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (29 people, 10.51%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (24 people, 8.70%)
- Multiple Myeloma (21 people, 7.61%)
- High Blood Pressure (18 people, 6.52%)
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection (14 people, 5.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (58 people, 21.01%)
- Prednisone (45 people, 16.30%)
- Omeprazole (44 people, 15.94%)
- Aredia (36 people, 13.04%)
- Levaquin (33 people, 11.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (101 people, 36.59%)
- Fatigue (98 people, 35.51%)
- Chest Pain (90 people, 32.61%)
- Stress And Anxiety (87 people, 31.52%)
- Weakness (80 people, 28.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Breathing difficulty when taking Cipro?
- Check symptoms - is breathing difficulty caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBreathing difficulty and drugs with ingredients of ciprofloxacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBreathing difficulty and Cipro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,058 users)
Breathing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 313,734 Breathing difficulty patients).
Browse all side effects of Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Breathing difficultyBreathing difficulty
Could your condition cause Breathing difficultyBreathing difficulty
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
was previously on Advair 550 for 2 yrs for asthma, started having severe nausea. Breo was prescribed an on day 3 started having severe sob .. i was so miserable .. took rescue inhaler every 4 hrs with little improvement. Was looking online an see that older women do exp these symptoms? Anyone ...
162 pounds,5'11,42 years old.. I been diagnosed with a low ejection fraction of 47% and I'm scared to death,please any help would be appreciated.and I take an aspirin a day for the last two weeks,I smoked 1 pack of cigg a day and now 1 pack every 3 days,also can I take xanax for my nerves and ...
User posts to the study
I'm a 47 year-old male who has a lifetime of heavy drinking. In the past ten days I've had a heavier than usual alcohol consumption and in this time I also had the flu. I have trouble night sleeping or day napping now; I feel panicked and have almost a drowning feeling. I'm trying to reduce my ...