Cipro and Dysphagia - from FDA reports
Dysphagia is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Dysphagia with Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,918 people who have side effects when taking Cipro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 27, 2017
4,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 88 people (1.79%) have Dysphagia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cipro when people have Dysphagia *:
- < 1 month: 70 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Cipro *:
- female: 49.4 %
- male: 50.6 %
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 1.72 %
- 2-9: 1.72 %
- 10-19: 5.17 %
- 20-29: 3.45 %
- 30-39: 6.9 %
- 40-49: 22.41 %
- 50-59: 17.24 %
- 60+: 41.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (18 people, 20.45%)
- Metastases To Bone (9 people, 10.23%)
- Prostatitis (8 people, 9.09%)
- Pain (7 people, 7.95%)
- Osteoporosis (6 people, 6.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (39 people, 44.32%)
- Prednisone (24 people, 27.27%)
- Aredia (24 people, 27.27%)
- Levaquin (23 people, 26.14%)
- Amoxicillin (18 people, 20.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (55 people, 62.50%)
- Stress And Anxiety (48 people, 54.55%)
- Breathing Difficulty (42 people, 47.73%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (39 people, 44.32%)
- Fatigue (38 people, 43.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dysphagia when taking Cipro?
- Check symptoms - is dysphagia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDysphagia and drugs with ingredients of ciprofloxacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDysphagia and Cipro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,056 users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,153 Dysphagia patients).
Browse all side effects of Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DysphagiaDysphagia
Could your condition cause DysphagiaDysphagia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...
I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By ...