Cipro and Gallbladder enlargement - from FDA reports
Gallbladder enlargement is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Lasix, and have Bone density decreased. This review analyzes which people have Gallbladder enlargement with Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,569 people who have side effects when taking Cipro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
20,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 12 people (0.06%) have Gallbladder enlargement
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gallbladder enlargement when taking Cipro *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Gallbladder enlargement when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 91.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bone Density Decreased: 8 people, 66.67%
- Otitis (ear infection): 1 person, 8.33%
- Nasal Polyps (masses that develop in the lining of the nose): 1 person, 8.33%
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 1 person, 8.33%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 1 person, 8.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 10 people, 83.33%
- Decadron: 8 people, 66.67%
- Synthroid: 8 people, 66.67%
- Lorazepam: 8 people, 66.67%
- Neurontin: 8 people, 66.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 11 people, 91.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 10 people, 83.33%
- Pain: 9 people, 75.00%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 9 people, 75.00%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 8 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cipro and have Gallbladder enlargement?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Gallbladder enlargement
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 22,720 users)
Gallbladder enlargement has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 584 Gallbladder enlargement patients).
Drugs that are associated with Gallbladder enlargementGallbladder enlargement (613 drugs)
Could your condition cause Gallbladder enlargementGallbladder enlargement (443 conditions)
Cipro side effects
- Cipro side effects (20,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cipro and have Gallbladder Enlargement
- Support group for people who have Gallbladder Enlargement
- Support group for people who take Cipro
Can you answer these questions
- Any opinion on whether you think you should take Nystatin at the same time you're taking Ciprofloxacin. Is it safe? I just started Cipro a few days ago and I have been taking Nystatin for thrush. I also took 5 days worth of fluconazole Thank you, gpearl1
- After taking 4 rounds of Cipro I developed unbearable sciatic nerve. What helps most with this condition?
- can ciprofloxacin side effects lead to lost of body weight ?
- I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By...
- I started taking cipro for a uti and the two nights I took it I had sleep paralysis. Do you think this is she to the meds ? I haven't had this happen before besides once when I was 22. Does anyone know anything about this?
You may be interested in these posts
- I took3 days of cipro 250 my appetite is gone feel very anxious and sick goin to stop taking it
- started taking Cipro 3 days ago. I'm experiencing bad double vision (side to side, not up and down). I stopped taking the med today. Im wondering how long until my vision is restored.
- I've had taken Cipro for years not knowing the bad side effects for UTIs. I was at last October 2017 that did Me In by November my shoulder wasn't agonizing pain didn't know how I did it. Went to my doctor got a cortisone shot. After I wore off I had six months of pain finally went to an ortho...
- Just realizing that my fibromyalgia may have been induced by repeated courses of Cipro for diverticulitis.
- Hello, I am really trying to find out some info about wether it's safe to take Cipro if you already have polycythemia rub vera, as I have. Everything I have read seems to suggest that it's not safe at all, and could be potentially life threatening, but I'm just not sure. I was prescribed Cipro...
- Paxil and Revia drug interaction
- Will you have Acute Tonsillitis with Linezolid?
- Zyprexa and Toradol drug interaction
- Will you have Jaundice - Yellow Skin with C. Diff?
- Will you have Yellow Skin And Eyes with C. Diff?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Paxil and Revia
- Support group for people who take Linezolid and have Acute Tonsillitis?
- Support group for people who take Zyprexa and Toradol
- Support group for people who have C. Diff and Jaundice - Yellow Skin?
- Support group for people who have C. Diff and Yellow Skin And Eyes?
- What to expect when you take Paxil and Revia
- What to expect when you take Linezolid and have Acute Tonsillitis?
- What to expect when you take Zyprexa and Toradol
- What to expect when you have C. Diff and Jaundice - Yellow Skin?
- What to expect when you have C. Diff and Yellow Skin And Eyes?
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Mirapex Er, Amantadine Hydrochloride
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Balsalazide Disodium, Uceris
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Levaquin
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Proair Hfa, Armodafinil, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Qvar 80
- A study for a 86 year old woman who takes Pyridostigmine Bromide
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.